5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 05 August 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, August 5, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. Cloud Services & Mass Shootings: U.S. cloud network provider Cloudflare on Monday said it would terminate online message board 8chan as a customer after a gunman used the messaging forum prior to killing 20 people at a Walmart store in El Paso, Texas on Saturday, Reuters reports.
2. CompTIA ChannelCon 2019 News: Our coverage of CompTIA ChannelCon 2019 continues. Check that link for multiple ongoing updates through at least Friday, August 9.
3. M&A – IT Consulting: Accenture has acquired Northstream, a Stockholm-based consultancy to communications service providers (CSPs) and networking services vendors. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
4. M&A – Government IT Consulting: Guidehouse, backed by private equity firm Veritas Capital, has acquired government IT consulting firm Navigant Consulting at a lofty valuation, according to ChannelE2E calculations.
5. Talent – Venture Capital: AppDynamics founder Bhaskar Sunkara has joined Decibel as a venture partner. Decibel is an independent venture capital firm created in partnership with Cisco Systems. Cisco acquired AppDynamics for $3.7 billion in 2017.
6. Nagios for MSPs: Nagios Enterprises has launched Nagios XI for MSPs. The update’s latest features for MSPs include the following capabilities, Nagios says:
- the ability to monitor virtually anything;
- granular multi-tenancy;
- simple pricing; and
- easy to use reporting.
Still, pricing was not disclosed in the press release.
7. IBM Profit Forecast: IBM lowered its earnings forecast for the year on Friday to take into account the Red Hat acquisition, which closed last month, CNBC reports. Still, IBM reiterated that Red Hat will bolster earnings in 2021, CNBC reports.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- IT Glue GlueX 2019 (September 15-17, Phoenix)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].