5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 01 April 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, April 1, 2019.
Actually, there are 20 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
20. Reality Check – Uber, Lyft and More: How much money are “on demand” companies like Uber, Lyft, WeWork and others losing per year? Here’s the potentially ugly reality check…
19. Distribution – Network Management: Ingram Micro has agreed to distribute Ipswitch’s file transfer and network management software in the UK region. The companies announced a similar Middle East region partnership in November 2018.
18. MSP – Microsoft Azure: Fujitsu is now a global Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider (MSP). Related: The Top 100 public cloud MSPs are listed here.
17. Layoffs – Citrix Systems: Here are the details.
16. Layoffs – Intel: The move includes consolidating outsourced IT contracts.
15. Talent – IBM to Xerox: Former IBM Watson and cloud executive Anne Marie Squeo has joined Xerox as VP and chief communications and brand officer, a newly created position.
14. Talent – Small Business Administration: SBA leader Linda McMahon has stepped down to become the chair of the pro-Trump America First organizations. We’re tracking the SBA for potential news about a successor.
13. Talent – McAfee: Channel advocate Fernando Quintero has exited McAfee after 17 years, he confirmed in a LinkedIn update. Quintero most recently was VP and GM of Latin Americas. Earlier, he was VP of channel sales for the Americas. We’ll be tracking his next potential move…
12. Talent – Data Protection: Axcient has hired Ingram Micro veteran Gina Thompson as VP of worldwide channels and distribution. She succeeds Jason Bystrak, who joined D&H Distributing in January 2019. Axcient provides data protection solutions and services for MSPs. Webroot veteran David Bennett was named CEO in February 2019.
11. Talent – MSP Software: ConnectWise veteran Mark Sokol has joined Liongard as VP of marketing. He joins former ConnectWise Chief Revenue Officer Adam Slutskin at the fast-growing MSP software provider. Liongard’s flagship product, Roar, essentially allows MSPs to automate various business and technology tasks.
Continue to page two of two for today’s items 10 to 1.