5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 29 June 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, June 29, 2018.
Actually, there are seven timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a loo
7. CEO Dismissed: Rambus has “terminated” CEO Ron Black, effective immediately, following an incident in which his conduct “fell short of the Company’s standards.” The incident was not related to the company’s financial or business performance, the board says. Senior VP Luc Seraphin has been named interim CEO, and the board has started a search for a permanent CEO.
6. Cisco vs. Arista Lawsuit: The U.S. International Trade Commission has ruled in favor of Arista Networks Inc. in a case in which the company was accused of infringing Cisco Systems Inc.’s patents, finding that Cisco failed to show that Arista’s network switches are likely to still infringe after being redesigned, Law360 reports.
5. Verizon Kills Mobile App: Verizon is shutting down its mobile video service go90 less than three years after it launched, Reuters notes. Verizon’s aim was to boost revenue through data usage and targeted advertising from well known brands, but go90 struggled to find a sustained audience and was later put under the umbrella of Verizon’s subsidiary Oath Inc., the report points out.
4. Talent – Distribution: Intelisys, Inc., a ScanSource company, has hired Joann Amaral as partner development manager, Southwest Region. Based in California, Amaral will support Intelisys Sales Partners throughout Southern California and Las Vegas.
3. Talent – APM: Unravel Data, which develops an application performance management (APM) platform for big data use cases, has hired AppDynamics veteran Steven Wastie as chief marketing officer (CMO).
2. AWS Backup: Cloud Daddy’s backup and disaster recovery platform is now available in the AWS Marketplace.
1. MSP Software Integration: Pulseway’s RMM (remote monitoring and management) software platform now integrates with IT Glue, an IT documentation platform that’s popular with MSPs. When combined, Pulseway RMM and IT Glue customers can gain insights into asset information including memory, disk, CPU, and more, the companies say.