5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 27 September 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, September 28, 2018.
Actually, there are six timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
6. Datto Expansion: The MSP-centric technology company has moved 225 jobs to a new office location in Rochester, New York, according to media reports from the region. New York State provided a $2.1 million grant and other tax incentives for the expansion, WXXI News reports. So what’s next? Datto, based in Connecticut, apparently has at least 80 positions open for the Rochester location.
3. Recap – Continuum Navigate: Security was the main theme for MSPs at this week’s Continuum Navigate 2018 conference in Boston. CEO Michael George positioned security as the next mountain that MSPs must scale, but pointed to the talent shortage as a major inhibitor. Naturally, he sees Continuum Security and associated SOC services as a natural path forward for MSPs. Our coverage is here on MSSP Alert and here on ChannelE2E.
2. On Our Radar: ChannelE2E will closely track several of next week’s key key technology, partner and security conferences — including:
- Kaseya Connect Europe;
- Splunk Conference 2018;
- Synnex Inspire;
- Workday Rising; and
- multiple cybersecurity conferences for MSSPs.
We’ll be on-site for Splunk Conference in Orlando, Florida. Please email me news tips for all conferences, and meeting inquiries for Splunk Conference (Joe@AfterNines.com).
1. Top 100 Public Cloud MSPs: See the list and get the research. Learn about the Top 100 MSPs for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure — and perhaps even Google Cloud Platform. We’ll share the findings in our October webcast. Register now.