5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 27 April 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, April 27, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
12. Amazon Momentum: The latest Amazon Web Services revenue figures are here…
11. Intel Momentum: Intel beat earnings expectations for the first quarter and raised its full-year revenue and profit forecasts on Thursday, driven by the biggest-ever quarterly jump in its data center business and small-but-steady growth in its personal computer business, Reuters notes.
10. Microsoft Momentum: Microsoft Azure revenues surged more than 90 percent in the company’s most recent quarter, the company said yesterday. But sales of the company’s traditional server software didn’t generate much growth, Barron’s notes. We’re checking to see if Microsoft released actual revenue figures. The big question: Can the company gain ground on rather incredible revenues at Amazon Web Services?
9. Talent: New Relic plans to hire 200 employees in the company’s Dublin, Ireland, headquarters. The fast-growth company focuses on cloud, application performance, mobile and infrastructure monitoring. There are signs, meanwhile, that APM is finally catching on with MSPs.
8. Talent: Alfresco Software has promoted Chief Revenue Officer Bernadette Nixon into the CEO post.
7. Partner Conference: Pure Accelerate, a Pure Storage conference, will feature a two-day Global Partner Forum in May.
6. Managed Database Services: Google Cloud Platform continues to expand its managed database services lineup.
5. Apple Managed Services: Vox Mobile, a newly signed Apple Authorized Managed Service Provider and Reseller, has launched DaaS + MMS for Apple, an all-inclusive Device-as-a-Service (DaaS) offering for iPhone, iPad and Mac, fully integrated with its Managed Mobility Services (MMS).
4. M&A – Cloud Cost Management: ServiceNow has acquired VendorHawk, which specializes in SaaS software asset management. The offering allows customers to manage software license utilization rates and associated costs.
3. Join Us – MSP Pricing Strategies: Attend our next webcast, featuring TruMethods CEO Gary Pica describing MSP pricing strategies and key ways to fine-tune your business for more profits this year.
2. MSP Management Tools: Datto has launched Datto Managed Power, a new line of cloud-managed devices that allow MSPs to remotely or automatically power cycle unresponsive devices, and help reduce the need for costly on-site visits. No doubt, more details will surface at DattonCon18 in June.