5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 26 October 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, October 26, 2018.
Actually, there are 10 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
10. Distribution – SD-WANs: Westcon-Comstor has agreed to distribute Silver Peak’s software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) edge solutions to resellers and enterprise customers across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and Asia Pacific (APAC).
9. Digital Realty Earnings: Colocation and data center provider Digital Realty’s third-party revenues were $769 million, up 26 percent from the corresponding quarter last year but roughly $4.8 million short of Wall Street’ expectations.
8. Amazon Earnings: Amazon’s Q3 2018 revenues were $56.57 billion, up 29.3 percent from Q3 2017. Still, the big growth figure fell $540 million short of Wall Street’s expectations. On the cloud services front, Amazon Web Services (AWS) revenues reached $6.679 billion, up nearly 46 percent from $4.584 billion in Q3 2017.
7. Google Earnings: Google parent Alphabet’s Q3 2018 revenues were $33.74 billion, up 21.5 percent from the corresponding quarter last year but roughly $310 million short of Wall Street’s expectations. During an earnings call, Google executives praised the company’s cloud business growth — but I don’t believe the company actually disclosed specific cloud revenue figures. A press release about the earnings also did not mention cloud figures.
6. Google and Alleged Sexual Harassment: Google CEO Sundar Pichai says the company has fired 48 employees for sexual harassment over the past two years, Reuters note. Earlier in the day, The New York Times published a story alleging that Google protected three senior executives from allegations of sexual misconduct by offering them payouts.
5. Talent – Data Protection: Commvault has hired Rick Fairweather as VP of Americas Channels and Mark Fong as VP of Asia Pacific Channels and Alliances. The executives arrive amid Commvault’s efforts to transform its data protection business for the cloud era. The company also is still seeking a new CEO amid pressure from activist investors.
4. Service Management: GE Digital’s ServiceMax business has unveiled Predix ServiceMax Asset Service Management (ASM). The platform transforms the asset maintenance process “from a break-fix model to a predictive service model,” GE asserts. It’s slated to official launch in early 2019. GE Digital and the rest of the company are under intense pressure amid slowdowns in the company’s traditional businesses.
3. Investment – Lenovo and Scale Computing: Hyperconverged specialist Scale Computing has raised $34.8 million in Series F funding. Key investors include Lenovo…
2. M&A Rumor: Chipmaker Mellanox Technologies has hired a financial adviser to explore a sale after receiving takeover interest from at least two companies, CNBC reported. The company has a $4 billion valuation.
1. How to Reach $5 Million Annual Recurring Revenues: We’ll share the tips during our next ChannelE2E webcast. Register now.