5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 26 January 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, January 26, 2018.
Actually, there are eight timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
8. Dell Changes?: Dell Technologies is considering a range of options and potential business unit spin-outs, according to Bloomberg. The report and a follow-up from Reuters suggest Dell’s core hardware business is under intense pressure (not exactly a surprising statement). Potential moves could involve the spinout of Boomi, Pivotal and/or RSA, or ownership status changes to the VMware business. Or, Dell could launch an IPO to raise funds for more growth-oriented acquisitions. Still, most of the reports are filled with speculation rather than firm decisions. Dell’s board is expected to discuss the company’s performance and strategic options at a private meeting later this month. Dell had no comment about the reports.
7. Intel Irony: Intel continues to battle the biggest security challenge in the company’s history, yet business is booming and the chip giant’s stock has hit highs not seen since the dot-com era (gulp!). Much of the momentum involve’s Intel’s data center chips — which are de facto standards within most cloud service provider (CSP) deployments.
6. Partner Program: Couchbase has launched a formalized partner program for the company’s database platform.
4. Talent: Aryaka, the fast-growing SD-WAN company, has named Gregg Orr as VP of sales for the Americas.
3. Small Business Study: More than 86 percent of small business owners are optimistic for the future, according to a recent Staples study. We’ll share more data points later today.
2. Top Enterprise Apps: Here are the 15 most popular and fastest-growing enterprise apps, according to Okta.
1. M&A – Cloud Management: Deloitte has acquired Atadata to bolster the consulting firm’s cloud management and migration capabilities…