5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 24 May 2019
Here are technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, May 24, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- What We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News
1. MSPs are Dead: Our analysis and spin.
2. Huawei Ban – Microsoft, Google Implications: The latest updates are in our ongoing coverage here.
3. Financial Results – Splunk: Q1 fiscal 2020 total revenues were $425 million, up 36 percent year over year. The company’s net loss was $155.4 million, larger than a $118.5 million net loss in the corresponding quarter last year. The results essentially beat Wall Street’s expectations, but shares fell about 5.8 percent Friday morning amid concerns about future growth rates.
4. Financial Results – HP Inc.: Q2 fiscal 2019 GAAP net revenue was $14.0 billion, essentially flat with the corresponding quarter last year. In earnings were $800 million, up 2.9 percent vs. the corresponding quarter last year. The figures generally beat Wall Street’s expectations, and shares rose about 4 percent when the market opened Friday.
5. Financial Results – HP Enterprise: Q2 fiscal 2019 GAAP net revenue was $7.2 billion, down 4.3 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. Also, net earnings were $400 million, down 50.7 percent from the corresponding period last year. The revenue figure was roughly $180 below Wall Street’s expectations, according to SeekingAlpha. But the earnings were ahead of expectations. Shares rose about 2.3 percent when the market opened Friday.
6. Distribution – Virtual Reality: Synnex has agreed to distribute HTC VIVE‘s virtual reality (VR) products to enterprise resellers. The offerings are designed for such markets as architecture, construction and engineering; product design; healthcare and medicine; and education. Synnex’s New Age Electronics division.
7. Private Equity ROI: More investors are lowering their expectations for private equity than any other area of private markets, according to an eVestment survey, Institutional Investor reports.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Amazon re:MARS 2019 – Artificial Intelligence Conference (June 4-7)
- Cisco Live 2019 (June 9-13)
- LiveWorx 2019 Digital Transformation (June 10-13)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Explore 2019 (June 13-15)
- DattoCon19 (June 17-19)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].