5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 20 April 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, April 20, 2018.
Actually, there are eight timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
8. Qualcomm Layoffs: Say goodbye to 1,500 jobs in California…
7. Xerox Dysfunction?: A series of emails from Xerox board members paints a concerning picture about plans to sell the company to Fujifim.
6. Momentum – Cisco Service Providers: Cisco’s Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) has caught on with major service providers like NTT Communications (United States), T-Systems (Germany), Hosters (Denmark), scanplus GmbH (Germany), Tieto Oyj (Finland), and Ritter (United States). Those deployments come as Cisco’s end-to-end service provider strategy apparently gains momentum.
5. Cloud-based Security: VIPRE’s cloud-based security platform, released in October 2017, has attracted more than 1,000 customers — and 70 percent of those engagements are net-new customers, according to Chief Product Officer Usman Choudhary.
4. Momentum – Webroot MSPs: Roughly seven months since Mike Potts succeeded Dick Williams as CEO, Webroot’s MSP-led partner strategy continues to hum along, according to execs David Dufour and Tim Sheahen. We’ll explain more soon.
3. Small Business Marketing: Nearly half of all small businesses (47%) spend less than $10,000 on digital marketing, indicating that they have small or nonexistent budgets, according to Clutch research. We’ll share more details soon.