5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 19 July 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, July 19, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. Microsoft Azure Cloud Revenues: Actually, the real news likely involves Azure cloud gross margins…
2. M&A – VMware Acquires Bitfusion: Details are here.
3. MSPs – Phone Spam Blocker: Intermedia has launched Spam Caller Protection for MSPs and users of Intermedia Unite, a business phone and communications system.
4. PSA – Australia: Kimble Applications, a professional services automation (PSA) software provider, has opened an office in Australia’s Melbourne’s business district. The company says the move offers an opportunity to “grow in a less saturated PSA market” than North America and EMEA.
5. Talent – Accenture: The IT consulting giant has named a new North America CEO.
6. SAP Financial Results: SAP’s Q2 2019 earnings results included earnings and revenues that we slightly below Wall Street’s expectations. Still, the company pointed to several bright spots — including cloud revenue that rose 40 percent. CEO Bill McDermott has been striving to transform the enterprise software company amid a restructuring that was revealed in January 2019.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. Microsoft Inspire 2019 Recap: Here’s complete coverage of this week’s Microsoft Inspire 2019 partner conference.
2. Managed Services – Data Protection: Global systems integrator Insight Enterprises has extended its managed services to support Rubrik’s data management and protection solutions.
3. Distribution – Amazon Web Services: Carahsoft has added Amazon Web Services to its GSA IT Schedule 70 contract. The result: Carahsoft and its reseller partners can offer AWS solutions and VMware Cloud on AWS GovCloud to the federal government as well as state, local and education organizations. Carahsoft now offers AWS solutions on 40 public sector contracts and cooperative purchasing agreements, the company says.
4. Azure Cloud – Desktop as a Service: CloudJumper has partnered with CNE Direct to support customers migrating from legacy desktops and on-premise applications to Windows Virtual Desktop powered by Cloud Workspace for Azure.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- IT Glue GlueX 2019 (September 15-17, Phoenix)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.