5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 18 August 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, August 18, 2017.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
11. SMB Communications: GoDaddy has launched SmartLine, an app for Apple iOS and Google Android that gives a smartphone a second, dedicated number and voicemail that can be used for business. Sounds nifty. SmartLine is based on GoDaddy’s buyout of FreedomVoice in 2016.
10. Lenovo Struggles: Lenovo is facing challenging times across its PC, mobile and data center businesses. The company reported a surprise quarterly loss in its most recent quarter, but executives insist several executive moves — particularly in North America — will drive growth over the next two years. Reports of Lenovo’s lagging data center sales have been widespread in recent weeks….
7. Distribution & Robotics: Ingram Micro has secured exclusive worldwide rights to HDS Global’s RoboFS across the IT, mobility, and connected device distribution and logistics services industries. RoboFS is a software-defined fulfillment system that combines intelligent vision and swarm software with mobile and articulated robots, the companies say.
6. MSP Deal: Wipro has won a five-year IT infrastructure and applications managed services engagement with Grameenphone, a telecom operator in Bangladesh.
5. Veeam’s Growth: Veeam Software is in negotiations to expand its office footprint in Atlanta, Ga.. The company could end up leasing more space beyond a current commitment of 50,000 square feet, according to BizJournals. Veeam wants to grow from roughly $800 million now to $1 billion in 2018 to $1.5 billion in 2020, company leaders said at the VeeamOn conference in May 2017.
4. M&A Part 1: AVI Systems has acquired Dascom Systems Group, is a full-service integrator of IPTV services, including IP networking, video, applications and integration. AVI Systems will operate the company as Dascom Systems Group from its Saint Paul, Minn., location and will retain all employees, though I don’t know actual headcounts. The transaction is expected to close in the Fall of 2017.
3. M&A Part 2: ConvergeOne has acquired Strategic Products and Services (“SPS”), a communication and networking MSP in New Jersey. Effective immediately, SPS is now SPS, a ConvergeOne Company. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Inc. 5000 Honorees: Dozens of IT service providers, MSPs — and vendors who serve them — surfaced on the annual Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing privately held U.S. companies. Among the names to know: AppRiver (Rank: 4111) landed on the list for the 11th consecutive year; Momentum Telecom (Rank: 1132) showed explosive growth; Sandler Partners (Rank: 2214) has made the list for eight consecutive years; and Green Cloud Technologies (Rank: 649) easily flew past the $10 million revenue mark. Admittedly, the list focuses on growth rates rather than profits and EBITDA margins. But the research still provides a valuable barometer from which to measure your business vs. some of the IT channel’s perceived up-and-comers.
1. Every Channel Partner Program In the World: Want a single portal to view every channel partner program from every hardware, software and cloud vendor? We’ve built one. It’s the ChannelE2E Partner Programs Database. I concede… It doesn’t quite list “every” partner program in the world. But the free database is growing fast. Is your company listed? If not, take five minutes and submit your program information here.