5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 16 November 2018
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to end your day for Friday, November 15, 2018.
Actually, there are eight timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents, and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
8. Breaking – BlackBerry Acquires Cylance: Details are here.
7. Carl Icahn vs. Dell Technologies: Icahn has agreed to approve Dell’s new financial terms for a move that will return the technology giant to public markets. A shareholder vote on the proposed Dell move is expected in December.
6. Oracle Acquires SD-WAN Company: Oracle is acquiring SD-WAN company Talari Networks. Here’s why.
5. Enterprise MSP Services: UNIFI Communications, an international voice carrier and enterprise MSP, has selected Oracle Communications to improve long-term efficiency and communication reliability for its growing customer base, the company says. UNIFI will replace its existing session border controller platform with Oracle’s Enterprise Session Border Controllers (E-SBC), optimizing Internet Protocol (IP) voice, video, and data services for the carrier, the company says. UNIFI manages telecommunication services for more than 100 million active subscribers.
5. Unified Network Monitoring: LiveAction has released LiveNX 8, a Network Performance Management and Diagnostics (NPMD) platform that integrates flow data with packet capture and analysis. LiveNX offers network visibility, real-time insights, historical analysis, machine learning and predictive analytics, the company says. Former Datto Chief Revenue Officer Brooks Borcherding is CEO of LiveAction.
4. AWS Cloud – Application Performance Management: New Relic now monitors serverless technologies, including Amazon Web Services (AWS) Lambda. The company also introduced
- Enhanced support for container orchestration, which includes support for Amazon Elastic Container Services for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS) version eks.2,
- New distributed tracing anomaly detection to reduce mean time to resolution.
- New on-host integrations for Apache Kafka, Couchbase, ElasticSearch, JMX, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Oracle DB, PostgreSQL and RabbitMQ.
3.Data Protection: Unitrends, a Kaseya business unit, has launched version 10.3 of the company’s software for Recovery Series hardware and Unitrends Backup virtual appliances. Details for MSPs are here.
2. Managed Services – Office Depot and CompuCom: Office Depot’s CompuCom unit has launched Managed IT as a Service for small businesses. The offering includes 24×7 support; monitoring; security; and advice.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2019: Complete the survey and potentially have your MSP honored for its vertical-market momentum.