5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 15 March 2019
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, March 15, 2019.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and telco agents to sip on.
11. Gartner Veterans: Former Gartner analysts Jeffrey Vining and Steve Hawald are the latest recruits to The Analyst Syndicate, a network of independent industry analysts founded by managing partners Tom Austin, Toby Bell, and French Caldwell. All three partners are former vice presidents of Gartner Inc.
10. Financial Results – Windstream Bankruptcy: Windstream disclosed Q4 2018 revenue results today, claiming progress in the SD-WAN market despite the company’s recent Chapter 11 Bankruptcy filing…
9. Financial Results – Pivotal Software: The cloud softwar provider’s revenue for Q4 fiscal 2019 was $169.2 million, up 27 percent year over year. Pivotal’s GAAP net loss was $38.9 million, larger than the $37.2 million net loss in Q4 of last year. Non-gap earnings slightly beat Wall Street’s expectations, but revenue was about $1 million short of Wall Street’s target.
8. Financial Results – Oracle: The technology giant disclosed Q3 fiscal 2019 financial results yesterday. Oracle said:
- Total revenues were $9.6 billion, down 1 percent from the corresponding quarter last year.
- Net income of $2.7 billion, far better than a $4 billion net loss in last year’s quarter.
The results generally beat Wall Street’s expectations, but analysts remain concerned about Oracle’s cloud revenues. The company no longer discloses specific SaaS, IaaS and PaaS revenues, and they are perceived to be growing slowly compared to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Salesforce, in particular.
6. Barracuda MSP Momentum: The latest anecdotes are here.
5. Distribution – Palo Alto Networks: Synnex has introduced multiple services for Palo Alto Networks partners. The effort includes professional services packages to help partner deploy next-generation firewalls; migration and optimization services; cloud-based application deployment for Traps Advanced Endpoint Protection; GlobalProtect cloud service; and Aperture SaaS security services.
4. Email Security: TitanHQ has added both sandboxing and DMARC authentication to the SpamTitan products suite.
3. M&A – Discussions Collapse: WaveTech has formally withdraw from merger discussions with SD-WAN specialist InterCloud Systems, thereby terminating a previously announced Letter of Intent, InterCloud disclosed yesterday.
2. M&A – Industrial RMM: Laurel Solutions has acquired Servelec Technologies, a provider of remote monitoring and management (RMM) systems for vertical markets.
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: We’ll unveil the 2019 list during our next webcast. Register now to join us live or to listen on-demand.