5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 11 May 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, May 11, 2018.
Actually, there are eight timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
8. BDR Momentum: Acronis’s cloud-based backup and disaster recovery (BDR) services experienced 200 percent year-over-year-growth in terms of the number of protected devices, and 151 percent YoY growth in the number of protected corporate clients. The company signed up 2,000 new service providers of the past year, Acronis adds. Acronis did not disclose actual revenue or profit figures. The growth statements come as key partner Kaseya acquires Unitrends — an appliance-based backup platform. Kaseya plans to continue the Acronis relationship, which focuses on cloud-based file backup.
6. Dropbox Earnings: Dropbox’s Q1 revenues rose 28 percent to $316.3 million, beating Wall Street’s expectations. We’ll share more details soon.
5. Potential IPO — APM: Dynatrace, the application performance monitoring (APM) software company owned by Thoma Bravo, may pursue an IPO. The company tends to compete with Cisco AppDynamics, BMC, Datadog and New Relic.
4. Entrepreneur Stats: The average entrepreneur’s salary is… $68,000, according to an American Express OPEN study.
2. M&A: Fusion, a provider of cloud services, has acquired MegaPath cloud services including Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), cloud computing, security, SD-WAN and cloud connectivity. We’ll share more details soon.
1. VeeamOn 2018 Conference: The event is next week. Here’s everything we’ve shared about Veeam’s channel strategy leading up to the show.