5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 11 September 2017
Welcome to page two of two for today’s blog…
10. Talent, Part Two: Carousel Industries, an MSP whose clientele includes 35 Fortune 100 companies, has named Jason Albuquerque as its first chief information security officer (CISO). Albuquerque, previously director of business systems and operations, reports to Bill Thompson, Carousel’s executive VP of operations.
9. Talent, Part Three: Cherwell Software, which develops IT service management software, has named Scott Gainey as its chief marketing officer. Gainey previously held key posts at Cisco Systems, NetApp, Palo Alto Networks and Veritas.
8. Field Service Management: SAP has agreed to resell the ClickSoftware Field Service Edge solution. It will be branded as the SAP Scheduling and Resource Management application by ClickSoftware. The solution, available now, enables real-time, automated, context-based recommendations for service planning, scheduling, execution and analysis to support intelligent decision making, the companies say.
7. Microsoft IoT Management: Microsoft is previewing its Azure IoT Hub Device Provisioning Service. The new service enables customers to configure millions of devices in a secure and scalable manner, automating a process that has historically been time and resource intensive for manufacturers and companies managing volumes of connected devices, Microsoft claims. The Device Provisioning Service is available in East US, West Europe, and Southeast Asia starting today, and eventually will be available globally, the company added.
6. IoT Monitoring: Globalstar is launching SmartOne Solar — a low maintenance and intelligent IoT device that provides remote monitoring and tracking over the Globalstar satellite network. Fixed and movable assets such as rail tank cars, containers, heavy equipment and vehicle fleets can be remotely monitored and tracked reliably, even when beyond the reach of other communications networks, the company claims.
5. M&A – IT Monitoring: Datadog has acquired Logmatic, a log management platform. Datadog already offers infrastructure monitoring and application performance monitoring (APM). The company is striving to compete more aggressively against New Relic and Cisco’s AppDynamics.
4. New MSP Headquarters: Tenzing, an MSP, has relocated to a new state-of-the-art headquarters in Toronto.
3. M&A: Tomizone has acquired Bluesky Online Services, a managed services provider in New Zealand. Tomizone Chairman Ian Bailey said more acquisitions are on the way…
2. Tropical Storm Irma: Although the storm has weakened, there are 5.5 million people without power in Florida. A major storm surge flooded Jacksonville, Fla., this morning. Stay tuned to the latest updates here.
1. Never Forget: Today marks the 16th anniversary of the 9-11 terrorist attacks. “Hundreds of people, including families of 9/11 victims and influential political and military figures will gather on the 9/11 Memorial for the 16th anniversary,” according to organizers. Details are here.