5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 06 October 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, October 6, 2017.
Actually, there are nine timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look.
9. Gigamon Ain’t Sold Yet: Hedge fund Elliott Management Corp.’s attempt to acquire U.S. networking software maker Gigamon Inc has ground to a halt over price disagreements, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
8. On Second Thought…: Mattel has canceled plans to develop Aristotle, an IoT device designed for kids. The Reason? Privacy concerns.
7. Gartner Top 10 Trends: Gartner’s top 10 strategic technology trends for 2018 are…
6. AWS Backup: N2W Software (N2WS), a provider of cloud-native backup and disaster recovery for Amazon Web Services (AWS), has opened a new U.K. office. The company, based in Edinburgh, Scotland, is looking to accelerate its EMEA business. Director of Sales Alexander Thomson, a recent hire, is driving the effort while also working more closely with MSPs and IT service providers.
5. Workspace as a Service: OS33 has bolstered its “workplace_solution” platform to help MSPs sell secure WaaS services into highly regulated industries like financial services, healthcare and more. We’ll share more details soon.
4. M&A – Audio-Visual Integrators: AVI-SPL has acquired Sharp’s Audial Visual, basically marching the AV integrator closer to the $1 billion revenue mark. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
3. Partner Conferences: We’re tracking two conferences the week of October 9 — BoxWorks17 and 4u2grow. The former is mainly for Box customers and ISV partners. The latter, hosted by Marketopia, is designed for growth-minded MSPs.
2. Top 50 Channel Partner Summits of 2018: Hosting a channel partner summit in 2018? Tell us about it and perhaps you’ll land on our list of next year’s top partner conferences.
1. Build A $3 Million+ MSP: Register now for our Nov. 2 webcast so you can learn how to scale your managed services practice to a $3 million to $5 million business in just three years.