5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 06 April 2018
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, April 6, 2018.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
12. HP Workstations: HP Inc. has unveiled a range of new, fifth-generation HP ZBook Mobile Workstations designed for creative and technical professionals, executives and students who demand high-performance computing and premium experiences, the company says.
11. Distribution – Cloud Services: Ingram Micro Cloud Summit 2018, which starts later this month in Florida, continues to raise its game. SAP CEO Bill McDermott, Microsoft Channel Chief Gavriella Schuster, along with executives from IDC, Workday and VMware are set to keynote the ninth-annual conference. The event has evolved dramatically over the past decade, extending from its MSP and SaaS reselling roots to focus on cloud as a platform for business building and expansion. We’ll share more details soon, and we’ll blog live from the conference.
10. Partner Program: FreeWave Technologies, which specializes in secure Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) networking solutions, has launched a Federal Partner Program.
9. Business Continuity – Windows Server: ManageEngine has enhanced RecoveryManager Plus, an Active Directory and virtual environment backup and restoration solution. The offering can now back up Windows servers and restore them. The software supports file, folder and volume-level backup and one-click restoration, ManageEngine says.
8. Business Continuity – Office 365: HubStor, an archive-as-a-service solution for unstructured data on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform, has launched recovery features for Office 365. Organizations can now restore content to Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business in a granular manner, the company says.
7. Talent – Cloud Management: CloudHealth Technologies has hired Carbon Black veteran Ed Filippine as chief revenue officer (CRO). CloudHealth develops a cloud management software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud, the company says.
6. Talent – Cloud Software: Platform9 has hired HyperGrid veteran Jim Ensell as chief marketing officer. Platform9 provides cloud infrastructure like OpenStack and Kubernetes as SaaS-managed solutions, along with the serverless project, Fission.
5. Private Equity – IT Services: Private equity firm Alvarez & Marsal Capital has taken majority ownership stake in CNSI, which provides IT services to federal agencies. We’ll share more details soon.
4. M&A – Compliance: ACA Compliance Group is acquiring Cordium, a provider of governance, risk and compliance (GRC) services. The deal is expected to close this summer. We’ll share more details soon.
3. M&A – IT Services: ES Consulting Inc. of Ontario, Ohio has acquired Information Technology and Training (IT&T) of Norwalk, Ohio. We’ll share more details soon.
1. Top 50 Cloud Monitoring and Management Tools: Complete the survey and your company’s cloud monitoring/cloud management platform could get honored in May…