5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 03 November 2017
Good afternoon, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to end your day for Friday, November 3, 2017.
Actually, there are 18 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look
18. IBM Branding: More than 10 years into the cloud revolution, IBM has finally developed an overarching brand to describe the company’s various cloud brands and offerings. It’s called… wait for it… IBM Cloud.
17. Cisco’s Alexa Alternative?: Cisco has unveiled Spark Assistant, an artificial intelligence voice assistant for meetings. Instead of licensing Alexa or Siri technologies, Cisco acquired and further developed its own AI offering specifically for business meeting use cases. Company officials say Spark Assistant can navigate voice commands from multiple people in a meeting. However, the offering is not a commodity service. The voice-driven assistant requires high-end Cisco equipment and currently only works with Spark, company officials told ChannelE2E. However, Cisco may extend the technology to additional applications down the road. A development kit also has not been announced… but…
15. IoT Platforms: SAP is bolstering its Leonardo platform with various blockchain, edge and insight capabilities. Plus, the company has opened more Leonardo Centers worldwide to speed IoT customer adoption. True believers include SKF and Vale, both of whom now leverage SAP Leonardo in various forms.
14. Network Performance Management: Riverbed has updated its SteelCentral platform to help create a “seamless link between end user experience and network performance management.”
13. Partner Program: Avaya has launched its 2018 partner program. Yada, yada, yada… details are here.
12. Citrix Evolution: Here’s a detailed reality check describing how Citrix Systems has evolved over the past five years…
11. Managed Enterprise Services: Taco Bell has selected Comcast Business Enterprise Solutions to provide managed services, including guest WiFi, at more than 6,200 Taco Bell company and franchise locations across the U.S.
But wait. There’s more continue to page two of two for items 10 to 1.