5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 02 August 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, August 2, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. CompTIA ChannelCon 2019 News: Our coverage of CompTIA ChannelCon 2019 is under way here. Check that link for multiple ongoing updates through at least Friday, August 9.
2. Black Hat 2019 Conference News: Track MSSP Alert’s live Black Hat USA 2019 conference news coverage here. We’ll update that link with news and analysis through the show’s conclusion on August 9.
3. M&A – Managed Security Services: GoSecure has acquired EdgeWave to blend managed detection and response (MDR), email inbox security and other managed security services. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- Total revenue of $228.7 million, up 13.4 percent from the corresponding quarter last year.
- A net loss of $2.1 million, far smaller than a $27.0 million net loss in the corresponding quarter last year.
The results generally beat Wall Street’s expectations.
- Revenue of $45.9 million, including 15 percent organic revenue growth across the Zix and AppRiver business lines.
- A GAAP net loss of $7.1 million, compared to positive net income of $1.8 million in the corresponding quarter last year.
The figures generally beat Wall Street’s expectations.
6. Talent – Cloud Consulting: Mindtree, a L&T Group Company, has hired Cognizant veteran Debashis Chatterjee as the CEO and managing director. Mindtree is a global technology consulting and services company.
C. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent – SD-WANs and Networking: 128 Technology has hired Oracle Communications veteran Mark Vella asVP of business development and alliances. Vella is responsible for growing partnerships with solution providers, MSPs and other companies seeking to utilize the 128T Networking Platform.
2. Talent – Service Relationship Management (SRM): Decisiv has hired Verizon veteran Uwe Münch as VP of business development for Europe. Additionally, Decisiv announced several key changes in its management team in support of the ongoing expansion of the Decisiv SRM ecosystem. Also of note: Decisiv investor David Settle is now CFO. Also, Decisiv investor Peter Garahan shifts to executive VP to manage the company’s newly formed Strategic Planning group. Private equity firm Kayne Partners invested $30 million in Decisiv in January 2019.
3. Amazon Web Services (AWS) Consulting: Wipro has unveiled the Wipro-AWS Launch Pad, a co-innovation center designed to assist customers with AWS projects and rollouts.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 5-9, Las Vegas)
- Arrow Technology Summit (August 14-16, Denver, Colorado)
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- IT Glue GlueX 2019 (September 15-17, Phoenix)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.