5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 01 September 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, September 1, 2017.
Actually, there are 12 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look.
12. Tech Data Stock Plummets: Here’s why.
11. Oracle Layoffs: Um… Earlier this week Oracle said it was hiring 5,000 people for a cloud services push. But we called out the company for not disclosing how many layoffs it has had in 2017. Fast forward to present day, and Oracle appears to be cutting more hardware employees, The Register reports. We have not independently confirmed that report.
10. M&A, Networking and Security: Juniper has acquired Cyphort as part of a deeper push into cybersecurity and software-defined secure networks.
9. Houston Data Centers: How did Houston-area data centers survive Hurricane Harvey? Here’s a close look at key providers in the area…
8. DevOps Managed Services: CloudBees has launched a DevOps Managed Services program. MSPs can leverage the platform — built on CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise — to assist customers’ DevOps processes, the company says.
7. Exit: Data Deposit Box says President and COO Troy Cheeseman exited the company on August 30 to pursue other opportunities. CEO Tim Jewell has assumed Cheeseman’s responsibilities until a replacement is named.
6. Talent, Acronis: Acronis has promoted Chief Marketing Officer John Zanni to president. Gaidar Magdanurov, VP and GM of consumer and small business, succeeds Zanni as CMO.
5. Managed Print Services: PrintFleet has released the first stage of its integration with HP’s Smart Device Services (SDS) for improved HP device management. Within this release, resellers will have device registration, mSKU and genuine cartridge identification as well as the ability to remotely reboot devices, PrintFleet says.
4. Datto Networking Milestone: Open Mesh, which Datto acquired earlier this year, now manages more than 100,000 networks in its cloud, with 31 million users connecting monthly. OpenMesh had been managing about 90,000 networks in the cloud at the time of the acquisition, which means Datto has added 10,000 customers under management since around January 2017.
2. M&A: F12.net has acquired OnDeck Systems as part of an MSP expansion into British Columbia, Canada. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
1. Small Business CEO Salaries: If you’re a small business owner, here’s a look at how your salary ranks vs. entrepreneurs and small business owners across the country.