Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, December 1, 2017.
Actually, there are 11 timely updates designed for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look:
11. Cloud Distribution:Tech Data has extended its StreamOne Digital Marketplace to the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region. StreamOne is a provisioning, billing and end-user lifecycle management platform for cloud services. It competes against such platforms as Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace, Synnex CloudSolv and a growing upstart called Pax8, among others.
10. VC Funding Concerns: Amid record amounts of capital raised by VCs worldwide, and a sharp rise in the number of private “unicorns” valued at $1 billion-plus, there has been a quiet, barely noticed implosion in early-stage VC activity worldwide, TechCrunch notes. Is that cause for concern? Hmmm…
9. Wireless Home Broadband: Verizon plans to sell home broadband service over its wireless network in late 2018, a move to challenge the cable industry’s grip on Americans’ Internet access, The Wall Street Journal says. The wireless service will depend on 5G technology. Customers will likely have to place a box in their windows that will convert Verizon’s 5G wireless signals into WiFi inside the house, the report noted.
7. IoT — AT&T and AWS: – AT&T and Amazon Web Services are rolling out several Internet of Things (IoT) solutions to enable businesses to better compete in a data-driven world, the companies claim. During a private interview with ChannelE2E, AWS Channel Chief Terry Wise pointed to IoT as the single largest opportunity ahead for partners. We’ll share more details soon…
6. Windows 10 Management: Catapult has expanded Launch, the company’s IT lifecycle management solution, to support Windows 10 and server lifecycle management.
5. False Rumor:Nokia Thursday denied a CNBC report suggesting the giant was set to acquire Juniper Networks…
4. Momentum:VMware’s latest quarterly results beat expectations, and future quarterly revenues should jump about 10 percent — far ahead of the 7 percent that Wall Street previously expected. The company’s push beyond vSphere into NSX (network virtualization) and vSAN (storage virtualization) is gaining momentum.
3. M&A – IT Services: TOTLCOM and Cooper Technologies have merged, uniting a telecommunications services specialist with a computer and network support company. The merger creates a combined company that serves Sacramento, Modesto, Fresno and Santa Cruz, California. We’ll share more details soon.
2. M&A – NetSuite Partners: Professional services firm RSM has acquired UK-based First Hosted in a deal that will reportedly make it one of the largest providers of NetSuite cloud products across Europe, Consultancy.uk reported.
1. Thank You: ChannelE2E readership grew roughly 55 percent in November 2017 vs. November 2016. Momentum like that doesn’t happen without your daily readership and the ongoing support of our sponsors. Thanks for engaging with us every day. Got constructive criticism? Please email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.