5 Channel Partner Updates: 9 May 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to sip on for Monday, May 9, 2016.
Actually, there are 11 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) to sip on. Take a look…
11. Lenovo Accelerate: ChannelE2E will be sitting down with Lenovo’s channel leadership and blogging live from the Lenovo Accelerate 2016 partner summit — starting today in Orlando. Join us as we speak with VP Chris Frey, and explore how the PC company continues to double down on hyperconverged data center technologies (plus plenty more…).
10. IT Hiring: U.S. technology firms hired more workers in April, while companies across all sectors scaled back IT jobs, according to CompTIA. Tech firms added a net 3,600 new jobs last month, up from 3,400 in March, The Wall Street Journal reported.
9. Antivirus Problems: What if security companies stopped sharing data with one another? That seems to be the case, as old-line anti-virus companies and newer generation security companies draw a dangerous line in the sand between one another.
8. Corporate Apple Apps: SAP is developing roughly 100 corporate apps to run on Apple iOS. The figure surfaces after SAP and Apple announced their enterprise partnership last week. Apple has similar business relationships with IBM and Cisco, but the corporate momentum hasn’t been strong enough to offset falling iPad and iPhone sales.
7. Security M&A: Centana Growth Partners has acquired Jumio Inc., an online and mobile credentials authentication company. Although Jumio positions itself as a fast-growth company, the acquisition occurred amid a bankruptcy auction…
6. The Surprising Truth About Lone Entrepreneurs: “The image of the bold, do-it-yourself entrepreneur is romantic and deeply entrenched. It’s also completely misleading,” says James Allen, co-leader of the global strategy practice at Bain & Co. He explains why here.
5. Google vs Azure, AWS: So how will Google Cloud Platform more effectively compete vs Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure? Google’s Cloud Chief Diane Greene offered some clues during the TiEcon conference in recent days.
4. Business Succession Planning: Can you guess what area in estate tax planning causes the most anguish (fear)? Hands down it’s business succession, according to Irv Blackman, who runs Tax Secrets of the Wealthy. We’ll share more thoughts from Blackman soon…
3. Microsoft Surface Pro 5 Rumors: What’s the Microsoft Surface Pro 5 release date? Lots of rumors are circulating. But more and more folks seem to think that Surface Pro 5 won’t arrive in 2016.
2. Partner Programs: Elo, a supplier of digital touchscreen solutions, has launched its Elite AV Partner Program. It’s designed for audio-video integrators…
1. Channel Partner Conferences: In addition to attending Lenovo Accelerate 2016 this week, we’re also tracking Internet of Things World, Intel Security Americas Partner Summit 2016, and Robin Robins Sales and Marketing Boot Camp. Check in daily for our coverage. And submit your channel partner conference to our ChannelE2E Technology Event Calendar.