5 Channel Partner Updates: 9 January 2017
Welcome to Page 2 and items 10 to 1. Here’s the exciting conclusion you’ve been waiting for.
10. Amazon AWS Government Cloud Services: Three AWS cloud services have received FedRamp High Approval, according to Federal Computer Week. Amazon, Google, IBM and Microsoft have been racing to earn various certifications and compliance mandates for their government-focused cloud services.
9. New Lenovo PartnerProgram?: Lenovo Channel Chief Sammy Kinlaw told ChannelE2E in late 2016 that he was preparing new tiering, accreditation and training initiatives in early 2017. Hmmm… We’re checking in with Kinlaw again to see if there are more details coming…
7. ESOP Pros and Cons: Here’s another interesting read about the pros and cons of ESOP (employee stock ownership plans). Although the examples don’t necessarily involve IT service providers, the ESOP preparation steps, upside and challenges are similar regardless of the type of business you’re transitioning to employees.
6. IoT, Home Networks & Security: Symantec, BitDefender and Intel at CES 2017 unveiled devices that scrutinize data as it flows across home networks, BBC reported. The moves come just as the FTC sues D-Link for lackluster network security settings that potentially leave consumers open to hackers…
5. Intel IoT Hub: Keep an eye on Intel Compute Card, which could serve as an IoT hub for consumers that want to network and safeguard their home networks.
4. Vertical market IoT Managed Services: Itron will provide provide managed services to Central Hudson Gas & Electric Corp., an energy company that serves nearly 80,000 customers in New York.
3. Fiber Managed Services: AiNET has expanded its dark fiber network deeper into Washington, D.C. Customers can leverage the fiber to build custom networks for their specific needs. AiNET’s overall network connects hundreds of government agencies, news bureaus, commercial and non-profit locations to AiNET’s data centers and the rest of the world, the company says.
2. Citrix Summit: The company’s annual partner conference, Citrix Summit 2017, kicks off today. Here’s a preview of what Channel Chief Craig Stilwell may address. Stay tuned for more details and timely updates later today.
1. Top 100 MSP, CSP, VAR Acquisitions: We’ll unveil the Top 100 VAR, MSP and CSP acquisitions of 2016 during our January 26 Webcast. We’ll also cover key ways to increase your company’s valuation. Register now to join us for the discussion.