5 Channel Partner Updates: 8 September 2016
Welcome to page 3 of our top updates for today. As promised, here are items 10 to 1.
10. MSP Business Continuity: dinCloud — which specializes in hosted virtual servers, desktops and storage — has selected Continuum’s R1Soft Server Backup Manager (SBM) to provide continuous data protection services. dinBackup provides backup and snapshot capabilities as a self-service to customers who choose to self-manage or work with channel partners to manage backups. The service runs in a hosted private cloud for each customer, powered by dinCloud. R1Soft SBM is deployed by more than 1,800 web hosting providers, protecting nearly 250,000 servers worldwide, Continuum says.
9. MSP Software in AWS, Azure: ManageEngine‘s client management software, Desktop Central, is now available in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure marketplaces. The company also delivered Linux patch management and other feature enhancements.
8. Asset Management: Asset Central, part of the LANDESK IT Asset Management Suite, and LANDESK Service Desk have received PinkVERIFY 2011 certification from Pink Elephant, an IT Service Management education and consulting provider. This brings LANDESK’s verification to the maximum 16 processes available, the company claims. LANDESK has received new life from current owner Thoma Bravo, a private equity firm that has been investing heavily in the IT management software company.
7. Break-Fix Services: ServiceCentral and RepairQ have inked a partnership to integrate their respective software. Large OEMs, carriers and repair/refurbishment depots leverage ServiceCentral’s service operations software. RepairQ develops software for retail repair service management. Together, they will offer end-to-end service network solutions for enterprises managing post-sales service operations.
6. IoT Management: Software AG has inked an OEM partnership with Cumulocity, an Internet of Things (IoT) application enablement platform vendor. Software AG’s Digital Business Platform now provides the foundation for enterprises to “securely integrate, link and scale to a network of millions of connected devices, distributed globally over thousands of tenants,” the company claims.
5. Distribution: The Global Technology Distribution Council (GTDC) has appointed Michael Long as the organization’s new chairman. Long is president and CEO of Arrow Electronics. Meanwhile, SYNNEX President and CEO Kevin Murai previously was the GTDC’s chairman. The Global Technology Distribution Council is an industry consortium representing the world’s leading tech distributors. GTDC members drive more than $135 billion in annual worldwide sales of products, services and solutions through diverse business channels, the organization says.
4. Flash Storage Sales Tool: Nimble Storage has launched SiteAnalyzer, a cloud-based tool that enables reseller partners to examine non-Nimble end user storage environments and propose specific storage solutions, the company says. Nimble specializes in predictive flash storage solutions.
3. Security Partnership: Atos, the massive IT consulting firm, has agreed to offer Guidance Software‘s forensic security products to customers worldwide. Together, Guidance and Atos will deliver service-based solutions to help organizations find, assess, respond to, and remediate hidden cyber threats within their networks, the two companies say.
2. Breaking News: MapR Technologies has promoted Matt Mills from COO to CEO, the company announced moments ago. He succeeds John Schroeder, who will assume the role of executive chairman. Schroeder will remain involved fulltime with the company, continuing to partner with Mills while focusing on product vision and strategy, investor relations, and industry & customer relationships. Mills, an Oracle veteran, joined MapR last year to accelerate the big data software company’s push toward a potential IPO.
1. Meet ChannelE2E On the Road: We’re attending a range of IT channel partner conferences in the weeks ahead. If you’d like to potentially meet us this month at HTG IT Channel Summit 2016; GreatAmerica Connection Point, Autotask Community Live 2016 or Continuum Navigate 2016 then simply email me the request (Joe@AfterNines.com).