5 Channel Partner Updates: 8 September 2016
Welcome to page 2 of our top updates for today. As promised, here are items 20 to 11.
20. Dropbox and BitTitan Partner: BitTitan has unveiled a go-to-market alliance with Dropbox. The deal will help channel partners and customers to “simplify and accelerate the process of data migration into Dropbox Business,” the companies assert. BitTitan, which raised $15 million in Series A Funding earlier this year, is perhaps best known as an Office 365 cloud services enabler.
19. Data Loss vs. Hacker Concerns: Businesses generating more than $100 million in revenue are twice as concerned about losing their private data than they are about hackers disrupting their systems, according to Wells Fargo & Co. survey results tracked by Technology Law360.
18. Ransomware Attack Research: More than 91 percent of MSPs say their customers have recently been victimized by ransomware, and 40 percent experienced six or more attacks in the last year, according to Datto. We’ll share more details soon.
17. Cloud PBX Services: Resellers that work with BT’s Wholesale and Ventures business will now have access to 3CX Unified Communications solutions. The partnership could help 3CX to push deeper into the United Kingdom market.
16. Workspace as a Service, Part I: Swizznet, which is a Sage Authorized Partner and an Intuit-Authorized Commercial Hosting provider, has deployed independenceIT’s software to simplify the delivery of its hosted financial services and accounting applications, the companies say.
15. Workspace as a Service, Part II: Dizzion Inc., which specializes in End User Computing (EUC) and hosted desktops, has raised $6.4 million in Series A1 Funding. Also, ViaWest Co-Founder Roy Dimoff joins Dizzion’s board of directors. Dizzion will leverage new resources to grow its staff, expand its partner program and further refine virtual desktop technologies for verticals like healthcare, financial services and insurance, the company said. Dizzion’s move comes as several desktop as a service (DaaS) providers seek funding and/or potential exits, ChannelE2E has heard. Recent moves include Neverfail (formerly Artisan Infrastructure) acquiring Vertiscale.
13. Managed Security Services, Part I: Netsurion has partnered with CoCard, which will resell its managed firewall services. The partnership will help participating merchants fortify their networks against hackers by adding PCI compliance and network security to CoCard’s trusted merchant processing, a spokesperson says. Like a co-op, CoCard is comprised of independently owned and operated ISOs. Its 70+ offices will offer Netsurion’s services to their 15,000 small- to mid-sized merchants across the U.S., the spokesperson adds.
12. Managed Security Services, Part II: ReSource Point of Sale has been named a Gold Partner to resell Netsurion’s Brand Guard services, bundled with its own end-to-end technology solutions. RPOS customers can now benefit from remote managed network security, PCI compliance and secure Wi-Fi to strengthen weak links in their POS networks, a spokesperson says.
11. MSP Dashboards: LogicNow, part of SolarWinds MSP, has launched Automation Manager — a new MAX Remote Management dashboard feature. Automation Manager is an integrated scripting tool that eliminates the need for MSPs to write code and create powerful custom scripts that can be used for automated tasks and script checks, the company asserts.
Proceed to page 3 for items 10 through 1. That page is safe to view, too. So go on to the next page now.