5 Channel Partner Updates: 7 February 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, February 7, 2017.
Actually, there are 19 timely entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
19. David & Goliath Partnership?: Are AMD and Intel partnering on some key intellectual property? It sure sounds that way, according to HardOCP Editor Kyle Bennet. The alleged AMD-Intel partnership details are here.
18. Big Slice of Fujitsu for Sale: A major Fujitsu shareholder is looking to sell a $1 billion stake in the company. Here’s why.
17. Amazon IaaS Market Share: Amazon apparently is running away with the IaaS market, according to recent analysis from Canalys.
16. HPE, IBM CEO Bonuses: IBM and HP Enterprise are paying CEO bonuses to Ginni Rometty and Meg Whitman, respectively. IBM stock rose 21 percent in 2016, the first annual gain in four years, Bloomberg notes. HPE shares rose 53 percent in the past fiscal year following the Hewlett-Packard breakup, Bloomberg reports. Both IBM and HPE had layoffs in 2016.
15. Data Center Acquisition: CyrusOne Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT) targeting data centers, has acquired two data centers from Sentinel Data Centers LLC for $490 million. The is expected to close in the first quarter of 2017. Track all M&A deals involving VARs, MSPs, CSPs and data center providers here.
14. Active Directory Security: One Identity, a former Dell company, has launched a new Active Roles version for hybrid Microsoft Active Directory (AD) environments. We’re pursue more details from One Identity during the RSA Conference 2017 next week in San Francisco.
13. Microsoft Azure Price Cuts: Microsoft has slashed prices for Azure virtual machines and blob storage by up to 51 percent. Microsoft, Google and Amazon tend to slash pricing in response to each other… so stay tuned for more potential cuts…
12. Need a Virtual CFO?: You know about virtual CIO services as described by TruMethods and others. But what about virtual CFO services? Among the key players in the market: Mark Weisman and Julie Tolan have acquired LauberCFOs, which offers companies financial counsel through full-time interim assignments, full-time project work and search and placement for financial executives. The fractional CFO services help companies who need financial assistance but can’t afford or don’t need a full-time employee, BizTimes reports.
But wait. More content awaits you on page 2. Proceed to page two now and sip up the remaining items…