5 Channel Partner Updates: 5 May 2017
Welcome to page two. Now, sip up items 10 to 1 for today…
10. Carbonite Revenue: Carbonite’s revenue was $57.1 million in Q1 2017, up 19 percent from Q1 2016, the company announced yesterday. The results beat Wall Street’s expectations. Carbonite, led by Mohamad Ali, also completed the Double-Take Software acquisition in Q1. We’ll share more thoughts soon about Carbonite’s expanding portfolio of SMB and midmarket data protection services and solutions.
9. Azure Business Continuity: ZeroDown is the latest business continuity solution offered atop Microsoft Azure. We’ll share more details soon.
8. Funding – IoT Network Management: Thinnect, an IoT network management startup, has raised $1.7 million in funding. Thinnect positions itself as an “IoT Edge of Network Service Provider.” The company is seeking partners in such areas as lighting, components, hardware original design manufacturers (ODMs), cloud analytics, and system design houses. Thinnect’s partner strategy reinforces the Specialized Channels research trends tracked by The 2112 Group.
7. IoT and Cloud Services: PTC‘s Kepware industrial connectivity software now integrates with Microsoft Azure. The software moves data between industrial controls devices and the Azure cloud platform – allowing organizations to more effectively connect, monitor, and manage Internet of Things (IoT) assets across industrial environments, PTC asserts.
6. Interview – Dell EMC Partner Update: Want a preview of next week’s Dell EMC World? Channel Chief John Byrne shares his latest thoughts in this new podcast with ChannelE2E and CompTIA CEO Todd Thibodeaux.
5. Dell EMC and Salesforce: Salesforce is building its data center and hybrid cloud infrastructure across Dell EMC gear. The move comes as Salesforce also shifts its public cloud infrastructure to Amazon Web Services.
3. Managed Cloud Services: Long View Systems, a top MSP and systems integrator has embraced MediaValet’s cloud-based digital asset management software.