5 Channel Partner Updates: 31 October 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, October 31, 2016.
Actually, there are 10 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
10. Breaking: CenturyLink is buying Level 3 Communications for a deeper push into network services. Hmmm… Is CenturyLink still selling off its cloud data centers?
9. NetSuite Acquisition: T Rowe Price has asked Oracle to raise its NetSuite buyout offer, which currently stands at $9.3 billion. Oracle has previously stated that NetSuite shareholders have until Nov. 4 to approve the current offer. Oracle CEO Mark Hurd last week said the $9.3 billion figure is the last, best offer that the database giant will make. Oracle has not publicly responded to the more recent T. Rowe Price request.
8. Amazon AWS vs. Microsoft Azure Cloud Revenues: Both public clouds are growing rapidly. But to put the numbers in context, check out this AWS revenue check from Business Insider and this Azure revenue check from 1RedDrop.
6. Cloud Bursting 101 for Channel Partners: If cloud bursting is so popular and easy then how come more companies don’t do it? This article explains the issue — along with some basic guidance for channel partners.
5. MSP Contract: OneNeck IT Solutions has scored a five-year IT management contract with Wolter Group LLC. Under terms of the deal, OneNeck will manage the day-to-day IT infrastructure for the Wolter Group of companies, including Wisconsin Lift Truck Corp., Illinois Material Handling, Fleet Services, Wolter Power Systems and Ellis Systems. OneNeck will also deploy a cloud solution, provide a variety of professional services and upgrade, then manage, a new disaster recovery solution, the companies said.
4. CSP Valuations: Forbes offers its spin on Cloud Services Provider valuations here. But if you want some basic dollars-and-cents information, check out the ChannelE2E FAQ, which includes MSP, CSP and VAR valuation tips.
3. Done Deals?: As you’ll recall, Dell Technologies is selling off Quest Software and SonicWall to private equity investors. Last we heard, the deals were set to be finalized on or around November 1. Plenty of partners eagerly await new channel programs from Quest and SonicWall… We’ll be watching.
2. This Week’s Channel Events: It’s a busy week for channel-oriented IT events. Among the gatherings we’re tracking:
- Cisco Partner Summit 2016: Channel Chief Wendy Bahr previewed the conference for ChannelE2E’s readers. Among the themes to track: A major security push involving the Umbrella brand — and where OpenDNS fits in Cisco’s overall security strategy…
- Fusion IT Service Management Conference: Poke around and you’ll find several MSP-centric software companies on hand…
- HTG Q4 2016: HTG Peer Group members gather in Orlando, Fla., to discuss 2016 business performance, 2017 priorities and plenty more.
- Intel Security Focus 16: This is actually the McAfee partner summit. Intel announced plans to spin off McAfee a few weeks ago. We’re wondering if the finalized deal will surface at the conference…
1. More Channel Events: Check the ChannelE2E Technology Event Calendar for a look at this year’s remaining VAR, MSP and CSP conferences. Plus, you’ll find scores of 2017 conferences already listed. Is yours?