5 Channel Partner Updates: 30 September 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, September 30, 2016.
Actually, there are eight entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
8. AVG Technologies Buyout: Avast completed the AVG Technologies acquisition today. CEO Vince Steckler described his vision for the combined company — including Managed Workplace for MSPs — with ChannelE2E in July.
7. Top Continuum Partners: During the Navigate 2016 conference in Boston, Continuum honored the following MSPs…
- Rookie of the Year: Thriveon
- Continuity247 – Business Continuity Award: WAMS
- Help Desk MVP Award: Meridian Imaging Solutions
- All-in All Star: Blue Fox Group
- Revenue Rock Star Award: Sharp Business Systems
- Partner of the Year: Gordon Flesch Company
6. MSPs and Docker Management: Codefresh, a Docker container management platform provider, has raised $7 million in funding. Some MSPs, including G2 Tech Group, are heading to AWS Re:Invent later this year to explore container management discussions. Docker, by the way, recently launched a more formalized channel partner program.
5. Massive Cloud Partnership: HP Enterprise and Samsung have inked a cloud partnership in the telecommunications market. The deal will provide carriers with integrated network functions virtualization (NFV) infrastructure and virtual network functions (VNF) solutions.
4. Nutanix IPO: The hyperconverged data center specialist launches its IPO today. Key relationships include Lenovo, which works with Nutanix in the midmarket IT channel. Although Nutanix enjoys rapid growth, there’s some concern that the IPO’s valuation will fall short of the company’s funding valuation. Roughly 40 percent of enterprises already leverage hyperconverged infrastructure, according to 451 Research. Still, the number sounds a bit inflated…
3. Google Cloud Branding: Alphabet Inc’s Google business has rebranded its overall cloud initiatives — including shifting Google for Work to the simplified G Suite.
2. PSA At Salesforce Dreamforce: The massive conference kicks off next week. Keep a particularly close eye on FinancialForce, a PSA platform built for Salesforce.com customers.
1. End of Q3: Welcome to the end of Q3 2016. We hope your top-line revenues and EBITDA profit margins are moving up and to the right. And we thank you for helping to drive continued record readership growth here at ChannelE2E.