5 Channel Partner Updates: 30 March 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, March 30, 2017.
Actually, there are 28 snackable updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to chew on.
28. HPE Wants to Buy Veeam?: The speculation has started…
27. New Venture Capital: Panasonic will launch Panasonic Ventures LLC in April. The new venture capital firm, based in California, will invest in start-up companies mainly in the United States, with initial investments of around $100 million. What niches will Panasonic pursue? The company didn’t say…
26. Big Portfolio: Xerox yesterday announced the “largest product launch in company history.” The lineup includes 29 ConnectKey-enabled printers and multifunction devices that “transform traditional printing devices into smart, connected workplace assistants, providing channel partners with additional opportunities to grow revenue and enter new markets,” the company claims.
25. Distribution – Milestones: Intelisys Inc., a ScanSource company, says LAM Technology is its ninth Sales Partner to be named a Platinum Partner. An Intelisys Sales Partner since 2008, LAM Technology is a cloud and telecommunications agency and consulting firm that provides carrier agnostic solutions.
24. Distribution – Cloud Security: Cloud Distribution has agreed to distribute CrowdStrike Falcon, an endpoint security platform. Cloud Distribution is a value-added distributor focused on security, networking and storage solutions. The company positions itself as a “next-generation” distributor. We’re checking to see if or how the company potentially differs from Pax8, another cloud-centric distributor.
23. Distribution – Talent: Speaking of Pax8 (see item above), the company has “streamlined operations by adding new processes and organizational enhancements.” John Walters has joined Pax8 as VP of service operations. Walters oversees the strategic direction of Pax8’s service delivery and technical support. He reports to COO Klaus Dimmler.
22. Distribution – AWS Cloud Services: Westcon-Comstor is now offering Amazon Web Services’ (AWS) in Canada as an AWS Value Added Distributor. Watch for links between Westcon-Comstor’s BlueSky cloud and service management platform and AWS. The move reinforces the fact that traditional distributors are both competing and partnering with AWS, which now has its own marketplace for third-party applications.
21. Distribution – Storage: Boston Ltd., an integrator, has inked a distribution deal with Datera, a provider of elastic block storage for on-premises clouds.
20. Red Hat Storage Partners: More than 20 North American reseller partners are now accredited to sell Red Hat‘s software-defined storage solutions — including Red Hat Ceph Storage and Red Hat Gluster Storage. This is in addition to more than 15 technical alliances partners, such as Cisco, Dell EMC, Intel, QCT, Samsung Semiconductor, Seagate and Supermicro, the company says.
19, Data Center Storage: Scality, which specializes in object and cloud storage, is now certified to run onCisco UCS S3260 storage server and integrated UCS Manager.
18. Backup Price Cuts: Vembu has slashed the price of its cloud storage and backup services.
17. Multi-Cloud Management: Verizon has agreed to resell Equinix colocation and interconnection services. Watch for connections between Equinix’s International Business Exchange (IBX) data centers around the globe with Verizon’s security, network and advanced communications services.
16. Managed Broadband Services: RigNet Inc., an MSP focused on the energy market, has deployed deep water 4G LTE service in the Gulf of Mexico. RigNet delivers carrier-class services to the oil and gas industry across over 300 facilities from Texas to Alabama. Still, the company has been diversifying beyond its core managed services amid weakness in the Oil and Gas sector.
15. Managed Security Services, Part I: Telstra will launch a suite of managed security services and two new cybersecurity centers in Melbourne and Sydney, Australia. The offerings will debut on July 19, according to ZDNet.
14. Managed Security Services, Part II: Vector Security, an integrator, has consolidated two of its businesses (National Accounts Division and Industry Retail Group) to operate under a single brand called Vector Security Networks. The division offers managed network services and physical security for multi-site businesses across North America. Areas of specialty include NOC monitoring, device management, PCI compliance, alarm management, loss prevention and video surveillance.
13. DDoS Mitigation: Radware, a provider of cyber security and application delivery solutions, has launching a managed DDoS protection service with integrated, unified protection across data centers and public cloud environments — including Amazon Web Services (AWS, available now) and Microsoft Azure (Q2 2017).
12. Identity and Access Management: ManageEngine has added two-factor authentication (2FA) support in ADManager Plus, its Active Directory (AD) management and reporting solution. Keep an eye on ManageEngine and sister company Zoho… Lots of synergies are emerging. We’ll share more details soon.
11. Partner Program – Security: Swivel Secure is expanding global partner program with concentrated efforts in North America. The UK-based company, founded in 2000, specializes in authentication.
But wait. More content awaits you on page 2. Proceed to page two now and chow down the remaining items…