5 Channel Partner Updates: 3 October 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, October 3, 2016.
Actually, there are 19 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
19. Partner Program: Mvix today launched the Dedicated Digital Signage Partner Program, which features “new exclusive systems and partner-oriented pricing,” the company asserts. Mvix’s partner community can provide clients with turnkey digital signage, video wall and interactive kiosk solutions with enterprise content management systems (CMS), the company says.
18. SBA CIO: The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has named Maria A. Roat to serve as the organization’s CIO, effective today. She joins the SBA from the U.S. Department of Transportation, where Roat was CTO since August 2014. She will oversee the agency’s enterprise IT services, systems, investments and security.
17. Small Business Mobile Websites: Only 17 percent of small businesses in the UK have mobile-friendly websites, meaning that they’re losing out on e-commerce in particular, according to ThisIsMoney.
16. Partner Help Desk: Infor, the business applications developer, has launched the Infor Partner HelpDesk. The new partner program is “designed to deliver more rapid expertise for certain functional, technical and project management needs.”
15. Return of Quest Software: Quest Software will shift from Dell ownership to Private Equity ownership within the next few weeks. The IT management software specialist is quietly researching the MSP market for a range of business and engagement opportunities… Dell sold Quest and SonicWall to strengthen its balance sheet amid the massive EMC acquisition.
14. Future of AVG Managed Workplace: When Avast finalized the AVG buyout last week, the company evangelized its massive installed base of security offerings. Managed Workplace, AVG’s MSP platform, wasn’t mentioned in the completed merger announcement. However, Avast CEO Vince Steckler in July told ChannelE2E that he remains committed to the MSP market. And last week, Steckler mentioned a strong focus on SMB resellers. We’ll be watching the situation closely.
13. Salesforce.com Partner Ecosystem: Qstream, a mobile sales app specialist, has inked a partnership with Agilitude, a platinum Salesforce.com reseller and consulting partner in Africa. Agilitude joins a group of VARs authorized to sell Qstream’s SaaS solution, which integrates closely with Salesforce.com.
12. Government Distribution: Synnex has been awarded with the National Cooperative Purchasing Alliance (NCPA) contract, a national government purchasing cooperative. Qualified resellers can access the NCPA contract via the Synnex GOVSolv group. The net result? Resellers have access to more than 90,000 agencies nationwide, Synnex said.
11. Microsoft’s European Cloud Push: Microsoft has spent more than $3 billion building up its cloud infrastructure in Europe, including $1 billion in the past year, according to Bloomberg. Amazon, Google and IBM have also been making European cloud investments — though I don’t have dollar figures at my fingertips. The European cloud efforts aim to ensure data centers adhere to local data and privacy regulations.
That’s all for page one of this blog. Proceed to page two for items 10 through 1.