5 Channel Partner Updates: 3 May 2017
Welcome to page two. Now, sip up items 10 to 1 for today…
10. Verizon Sells Cloud Business?: In addition to selling its data center assets, Verizon apparently sold some cloud and hosting assets to IBM last week. Financial terms were not disclosed.
9. Endpoint Security: Palo Alto Networks has upgraded Traps, the company’s advanced endpoint protection offering, to support Apple macOS and Android (in beta). The move comes as Palo Alto Channel Chief Ron Myers seeks to transform key partners into next-generation security innovators.
8. FireEye Rebound?: FireEye yesterday delivered stronger quarterly results than expected. The upside surprise comes after the security company spent several months trying to eliminate channel conflict with FireEye’s own corporate consulting team.
6. SMB Hiring: Small businesses hired fewer workers in April 2017 but gave their employees raises, a Paychex survey shows.
5. Employee Stock Ownership Plan: Modern Technology Solutions Inc. (MTSI), a technology solutions provider, is now officially 100% employee owned. The transition to ESOP ownership began in 2008. The big question: Can MTSI keep its winning streak going? The company’s revenue has grown every year since he business launched in 1993… We’re reaching out to Co-founder and Chairman Phil Soucy for more details about the ESOP ownership transition and strategy.
4. IT Services Bankruptcy: A Delaware bankruptcy judge cleared Ciber to proceed with its planned auction after learning that the debtor had resolved several issues with the unsecured creditors committee over details of the sale process and its involvement in it, Law360 reported.
3. MSP Government Win: Jacobs Engineering Group has won a 4.5 year IT services contract with the U.S. government that’s potentially worth $89 million. Indeed, Jacobs has been selected as the prime contractor for the United States Transportation Command (USTRANSCOM) TCJ6 Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) Enterprise Support Contract. What does the deal potentially include? The laundry list, according to Jacobs, spans:
“cyber security, network operations and maintenance, IT planning, system integration, technical testing and evaluation, analysis and guidance, software management, systems administration, hardware and software purchasing, hardware repair and enhancements, software configuration, service desk, end-user devices support/desktop services, architecture and infrastructure management, system management, audio/visual and video teleconferencing, and all deliverables related to these services.”
Imagine building a line-item invoice for all those managed services…
1. Datto Hires Open Source Expert: Datto has hired Markus Rex to manage and nurture the company’s interactions with the open source community. Datto’s Inverse Chain technology and associated data protection offerings for MSPs leverage ZFS, the popular open source file system. Rex previously was co-founder and CEO of ownCloud, an open source, self-hosted file synchronization and sharing application platform. Datto Drive, a file sync and sharing solution, is built on ownCloud. Related: DattoCon17, the company’s MSP conference, is set for June in Denver.