5 Channel Partner Updates: 3 February 2017
by Joe Panettieri • Feb 3, 2017
Welcome to page two. Enjoy a second serving of channel content — items 10 to 1 — here.
10. Software Acquisitions and President Trump: The software industry went on a shopping spree in 2016, and this year could be even busier, bolstered by the new president’s policies and what one analyst suggests could be a major deal by Google, according to Bloomberg. Hmmm… let’s just be careful of the hype. Amid lots of M&A activity involving VARs, MSPs and CSPs last year, the overall M&A market involving Technology, Media and Telco companies actually declined from 2015’s record, according to Mergermarkets.
9. Apple Watch Sales: Apple sold 5.2 million Apple Watches in Q4 2016, according to Strategy Analytics. Although Apple doesn’t disclose smartwatch sales figures, CEO Tim Cook recently told analysts that Q4 2016 was the best quarter yet for the smartwatch. Still, investors have mixed views on the overall smartwatch market, according to Barron’s.
8. Barracuda Backup: Barracuda has refreshed the Barracuda Backup appliance platform, with updated units available immediately to customers at no increase in the list price. Memo to Barracuda: Next time mention potential synergies with the Intronis MSP Solutions division…
6. Cloud Services Management: Unigma has added support for Microsoft CSP partners as well as Azure EA agreements. The company offers a unified cloud management platform that supports Azure, Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform.
5. Intermedia Acquisition Finalized: Madison Dearborn’s buyout of Intermedia, announced in 2016, is now official. Intermedia CEO Mike Gold is quick to describe the deal’s potential benefits to channel partners. “Our partnership with Madison Dearborn further strengthens our channel ecosystem and capabilities,” he said. “In this next chapter, Intermedia plans to increase investments across nearly every sales function – from inbound and field sales to sales enablement and engineering, and business and partner development.” Gold previewed Intermedia’s 2017 strategy in this ChannelE2E interview.
4. Big Data Partners: Pitney Bowes is deploy geospatial processing and data quality solutions to end users on top of Cloudera Enterprise. The move comes as Cloudera and its rivals broaden their footprints beyond the Hadoop big data software platform.
3. Security Integration: ProtectWise, a network security company, and Phantom, which develops a community-powered security automation and orchestration platform, have inked an integration partnership. With the ProtectWise-Phantom solution, customers will get streamlined and automated end-to-end incident management, along with full-fidelity forensics to fill the knowledge gap in incident response, the companies assert.
2. Grade Your Channel Partner Program: Allbound, which develops a Partner Sales Acceleration solution, has launched myChannelScore, a free online assessment for CEOs, sales executives, and channel leaders to establish a baseline for channel program performance, and to help channel operators set priorities for accelerating recurring revenue through partner programs, the company says.
1. Channel Partner Program Database: Metadata Technologies (CRM for real estate professionals) and RISC Networks (infrastructure analytics) are the newest additions to ChannelE2E’s Partner Program Database. More than 100 channel-centric companies are listed in the database. Is yours? If not, submit here.