5 Channel Partner Updates: 28 September 2016
10. Dell EMC Meets Microsoft Azure: Dell EMC has launched a range of hybrid cloud solutions that integrate with Microsoft Azure. The efforts also include new Dell EMC Validated Systems for Microsoft Exchange and Validated Systems for Microsoft SQL — essentially blending on-premises hardware, on-premises Microsoft software and extensions out to Azure.
9. Backup Storage Appliances: EMC dominates the market for backup storage appliances, with about 62 percent market share — followed by Veritas (13.3 percent), IBM (5.6 percent), HP Enterprise (3 percent) and Dell Technologies (2.5 percent), according to IDC’s Q2 rankings. Going forward, the Dell and EMC figures will be merged to reflect their recent business combination. A hunch: IDC needs to open its eyes a little wider and take a look at the SMB technology market, where multiple MSP-friendly companies offer backup appliances. And at least a few more are on the way… Soon…
8. MSP Software Integration: Webroot’s endpoint security software now integrates with Atera, an emerging provider of cloud-based PSA (professional services automation) and RMM (remote monitoring and management) tools for MSPs. Webroot is particularly active across the MSP software market, having attended Autotask Community Live 2016 earlier this week before heading on to Continuum Navigate 2016 — which starts today in Boston.
7. IoT Telecom Services: The global Internet of things (IoT) telecom services market will reach $18 billion by 2022, up from $2.90 billion in 2016. That’s a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 43.6%, according to Research and Markets. Rising penetration of smart connected devices, the adoption of cloud and the demand for smart network bandwidth management and automation on communication operations will drive the growth, the researcher predicted. I’m always a bit wary of research like this. Lots of big numbers and no real penalty for predictions that turn out false…
6. Ten Most Common HIPAA Violations: Here they are, according to Health Systems Management.
5. Cisco’s Midmarket Love Letter: Cisco Systems has published a blog that waxes poetic about midmarket channel partners. Of course Cisco — and its rivals — want to engage midmarket businesses. After all, there are only 2,000 companies in the Global 2000… …
4. Small Business Succession Planning: Need a succession plan for your small business? Developing one can be a particularly thorny process — especially if multiple family members are involved. This five-step tip sheet at least gives you a few starting points to consider. Need deeper advice? Check in with experts like HTG Peer Groups, which assists members with life planning and much more.
3. MSP Reporting: A new Continuum Reporting API surfaced today at the company’s Navigate conference in Boston. The API allows technology partners to more deeply integrate with Continuum’s MSP platform. The net result? MSPs “can now make authenticated requests for raw reporting data to build custom reports in-house or through a third party reporting vendor.” True believers include IT Glue and BrightGauge, both are which are embracing the API. IT Glue is a fast-growing provider of MSP documentation tools. BrightGauge offers business intelligence capabilities to MSPs.
2. Join Us: ChannelE2E arrives at Continuum Navigate 2016 this morning in Boston. We’ll be blogging live from the conference through Friday. We’re also hosting two sessions — in parallel — at the conference. If you’re at the show, join us on Thursday, Sept. 29 at 11:00 a.m. for these sessions:
- Topic 1, Moderated by Amy Katz: Selling Solutions vs. Selling Products. Tips and Tricks for MSPs
- Topic 2, Moderated by Me: Emerging MSP Opportunities in IoT, DevOps, Security & Public Cloud Workloads.
1. Thanks: Just a hunch but I suspect ChannelE2E is on pace for another record month of readership in September. Thanks for the role you’ve played in our ongoing growth. Without you there is no ChannelE2E.