5 Channel Partner Updates: 28 September 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, September 28, 2016.
Actually, there are 23 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
23. Microsoft Surface Channel Partners: Keep an eye on this. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
22. Continued DaaS Evolution: IndependenceIT, which started out in the DaaS (desktop asa service) sector for MSPs, continues to evolve. The latest move involves a new App Services Delivery Platform, and a new channel program for ISVs and MSPs.
21. File Sharing Security: FinalCode version 5.11 has arrived. The upgrade extends the platform’s enterprise-grade file sharing security. Moreover, it has a range of usability, interoperability and management enhancements — including single sign-on authentication.
20. BlackBerry Challenges: BlackBerry’s latest quarterly revenue was $334 million, down dramatically from $490 million in the same quarter last year, the company disclosed this morning. Several Cisco Systems veterans have been working to reinvent and bolster BlackBerry’s channel partner programs in recent months.
19. Apple Watch in Healthcare: Aetna will offer Apple Watch discounts to some customers, while also giving the watch to its 50,000 employees, the health insurer said today. Memo to Aetna: Forget the watch discounts. Get health insurance costs under control…
18. Storage Startup IPO?: Tintri has filed to pursue an IPO. The startup specializes in all-flash arrays for virtualization and cloud…
16. Enterprise Managed IT Services: Mindtree has launched the next generation of its ATLAS managed services platform. The managed services system focuses heavily on application infrastructure, including performance metrics, optimization and analytics, the company asserts.
15. Managed Services for AWS, DevOps: ServInt has won an AWS Managed Services deal with Events.com. Under terms of the relationship, ServInt oversees Events’ AWS production environment and assists with code deployments. The deal also includes business continuity services. A small but growing number of MSPs are pushing into managed DevOps services for AWS. Another example includes G2 Technology Group, which will describe its DevOps MSP strategy during a ChannelE2E Panel at Continuum Navigate 2016 on Thursday.
14. Office 365 Cloud Security: Barracuda has launched Barracuda Email Threat Scan for Office 365, a cloud-based service that gives customers a view of their email security posture by identifying latent threats, including hidden APTs, in corporate email environments, the company asserts. Watch for Barracuda to promote the service to MSPs — particularly those that run Barracuda’s Intronis business continuity services.
13. Microsoft-Workday Partnership: Microsoft and Workday are working more closely, essentially integrating Office 365 with Workday’s SaaS offerings. The move comes as global systems integrators like Accenture buy up Workday consulting shops.
11. Cloud Management Tools: AppDirect’s platform now features the Cloud Monetization Suite and Cloud Management Suite. The efforts allow customers to monetize and manage cloud services while supporting providers, developers, and consumers, the company claims.
Jump to page two for items 10 through 1. The page load is fast and easy. Just click on page 2 to sip up the rest of this morning’s list.