5 Channel Partner Updates: 28 April 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, April 28, 2017.
Actually, there are 12 updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
12. Big Data IPO: Watch for Cloudera to go public today. The company develops a Hadoop distribution and other big data-type software. Key rivals include Hortonworks (already public) and MapR (privately held). Just about everyone in this market is trying to diversify beyond Hadoop. Although Hadoop deployments are growing, the overall sector has faced skills shortages and complexity challenges. Cloudera’s IPO is expected to price lower than the company’s private valuation a year ago.
11. Top Dell EMC Partner: ITsavvy, a data storage solution providers, has achieved Dell EMC Titanium Partner status — placing the company among the top 10 percent of partners in the Dell EMC partner program.
10. MSP Virtual Desktops & Kaseya: Nerdio IT as a service platform now integrates with Kaseya VSA. Nerdio provides IT as a service and virtual desktop capabilities to MSPs that support small businesses.
9. Managed Security Services: Key an eye on Duo Managed Service Provider (MSP), a new partner program for… you guessed it… MSPs. Duo Security’s software helps ensure only trusted users and devices have access to sensitive on-premises or cloud-based business applications, the company says.
8. Office 365 Migrations: AvePoint, the Microsoft Cloud expert, today announced a new software donation program to support qualifying not-for-profit organizations in North America with solutions for Office 365 migration and management.
7. Microsoft Azure vs. Amazon AWS Cloud Revenues: Everybody is declaring victory in the cloud services market. But Wall Street thinks Microsoft Azure is starting to gain ground against Amazon Web Services. Google parent Alphabet, meanwhile, also is claiming victory on multiple fronts.
6. Rackspace Competing With Partners?: Rackspace professional services for AWS continues to expand. The cloud-centric MSP is trying to offer multi-cloud management across AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform. But that means potential competition with Rackspace’s own channel partners…
4. Trump Tax Cuts and Small Business: How will President Trump’s proposed tax cuts impact small businesses? Let’s all remember: Nothing is official yet. But here’s how USA Today thinks the proposed Trump tax plan will impact small businesses.
3, M&A – Security: SAIFE, which specializes in Software Defined Perimeter solutions, has acquired GreenZone Systems, a SAIFE OEM and supplier of secure mobile voice and data communications solutions to the United States public sector.
2. Mexico City’s Got Talent: When he’s not blogging for ChannelE2E, Ty Trumbull picks up the banjo and does this…
1. Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs 2017: The list, which debuted yesterday, is here.