5 Channel Partner Updates: 26 June 2017
Good afternoon, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to accelerate your day for Monday, June 26, 2017.
Actually, there are eight updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
8. IoT – Distributors: Tech Data has enhanced its smart IoT analytics business practice. We’ll share more details later today.
7. IBM/Cisco Partnership: Cisco UCS servers can now manage their on-premises with the IBM Cloud Object Storage (COS) System, now available as a VersaStack Solution for Cloud Object Storage, the companies announced today.
6. Vertical Market Help Desks: Hayes Software Systems has launched a K-12 help desk solution called GetHelp. Similarly, Dude Solutions launched SchoolDude, an IT support management platform for schools. Both announcements surfaced during the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) 2017 Conference & Expo, which runs June 25-28 in San Antonio, Texas.
5. Microsoft on AWS: AllCloud has achieved Amazon Web Services (AWS) Microsoft Workloads Competency status. AllCloud says it can help customers design, migrate, deploy, and fully manage their .NET, Active Directory and Microsoft SQL Server workloads.
4. Partner Program: Corsa Technology, which specializes in SDN switching and network security enforcement, has launched the Corsa Partner Program.
3. Tech Data Canada: Tech Data has launched a new leadership team for its Canadian operations. Ed Galasso has been promoted to VP and general manager, sales and product marketing, for Tech Data’s Commercial and Retail business in Canada. Brian Aebig has been appointed VP, sales for the company’s enterprise solutions business in the country.
2. Oracle Cloud: CXO Solutions has launched a range of financial offerings for Oracle’s Planning and Budgeting cloud service.
1. Under Pressure: Infosys has adjusted its business goals and financial expectations amid multiple market shifts — including the cloud services wave and shifting outsourcing perceptions in the U.S.