5 Channel Partner Updates: 26 August 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, August 26, 2016.
Actually, there are 12 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) and telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
12. Rackspace acquired: The deal surfaced this morning. Here are the details.
11. Hacking for Submarine Designs?: Australian defense officials warned French naval contractor DCNS to beef up security in Australia, where it is preparing to build a US$38.13 billion fleet of submarines, in the wake of a massive data leak, Reuters reported.
10. Windows 10 Deployment Management: Adaptiva has bolstered its channel partner program to help speed Windows 10 deployments. The company offers IT systems management solutions that work with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
9. Data Center Acquisition: T5 Data Centers has acquired a Forsythe data center in Elk Grove, Illinois. T5 has managed the facility, which has 200,000 square feet of space, since it opened last year. Chicago is one of the hottest data center markets in the country, where more than 30MW of wholesale data center space was leased last year, according to Data Center Knowledge.
8. Cloud Automation: Iron Mountain has embraced Virtustream xStream and Virtustream Viewtrust software to orchestrate, automate and secure cloud storage services for Iron Mountain’s cloud-based service offerings. Virtustream is part of the EMC Federation of companies. Oh, and we’ve got a hunch Virtustream will continue to accelerate its partner program in September… Stay tuned.
7. Healthcare Cloud Hires CRO: ClearDATA, a managed cloud services company focused entirely on healthcare, has hired Pat Cathey as chief revenue officer (CRO). He is a veteran of Fujitsu Americas, Rackspace, Avnet, Arrow and IBM. This is the second CRO career announcement that we’ve seen in the past 24 hours. The other involved Chris Wiser’s promotion to CRO at Neverfail.
6. Healthcare Cloud HIPAA Compliance: CoreSite Realty has obtained HIPAA validation for its 16 multi-tenant data centers.
5. Service Desk Optimization: Check out these ServiceNow survey results for some tips on how to improve your IT service desk…
4. Application Performance Management: NTT Data’s itelligence group is betting the business on Application Management Outsourcing (AMO) opportunities. Over the next five years, NTT Data expects the group to grow more than 33 percent — though I don’t know if that’s an overall growth rate of a compound annual growth rate (big difference, of course). itelligence’s buyout of BIT.Group will help the effort.
3. Partner Program: DSM Technology Consultants, a provider of fully managed private cloud and IT infrastructure services, has launched the DSM Alliance Program. This program focuses on Cloud Distribution partners like Master Agents, Traditional IT Distribution, and OEM Vendors — giving them access to “as a Service” offerings from the company’s solution catalog.
2. Dell SonicWall Security Partners: We’ll be blogging live from the Dell Security Peak Performance 2016 conference in Las Vegas starting Aug. 29. Stay tuned for perspectives about Dell SonicWall, Dell One Identity, and associated channel partner updates.
1. Top 50 VMworld Highlights: We’re already compiling the Top 50 VMworld conference highlights. Check the list multiple times daily now through Sept. 1 for updates. VMWorld 2016 kicks off on Sunday, Aug. 28. VMworld News Tips: Send them to Joe@AfterNines.com.