5 Channel Partner Updates: 26 April 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to sip on for Tuesday, April 26, 2016.
Actually, there are 11 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) to sip on.
11. Apple Reset: Apple is expected to deliver weak quarterly results today, with revenues actually dropping for the first time in more than a decade. The big questions: Can iPhone 6 remain relevant long enough for a new cash cow — iPhone 7 or Apple Watch 2, perhaps — to emerge.
9. APM Market Forecast: The application performance management (APM) market will grow 13 percent annually from 2016 through 2020, as demand for cloud-based APM software surges. Frankly, I figured the market was growing even more rapidly — thanks to key players like AppDynamics and New Relic.
8. The Other APM: GE Digital, meanwhile, has launched a suite of Asset Performance Management (APM) solutions. Built atop GE’s Predix platform, the APM system can monitor machine and equipment health, and reliability. Maintenance optimization — basically, keeping your infrastructure in tip-top shape — will arrive in late 2016. Overall, GE’s Predix platform is one of the best known offerings for industrial IoT solutions.
7. IT Monitoring: Site24x7 Plugins launches today. The plugins allow service providers to monitor key attributes across hosts, devices, services, protocols, applications and other resources. The goal? Complete visibility of application stacks.
6. Field Service Management: Keep an eye on the Trimble Pulse suite, which is designed for field service technicians. Trimble is demonstrating the suite this week’s Field Service USA conference in Palm Springs, Calif. The platform allows service providers to manage calls, service contracts, work orders, inventory and billing…
5. M&A: Siemens is scouring the market for software companies that serve industrial customers. Sounds like more M&A is on the way.
4. Reorg: Entisys Solutions and its Southern California division, Agile360, are changing their name to Entisys360, effective immediately. The two companies first connected in 2008.
3. Google Glass Revisited: Augmedix, which leverages Google Glass for healthcare apps, has raised $17 million in new funding led by Redmile Group. Alphabet, meanwhile, allegedly is retooling Google Glass’s design and approach to market…
2. Next Road Trips: Want to potentially meet at EMC World 2016 or Lenovo Accelerate 2016? Email me: [email protected]. Also, check out the ChannelE2E Technology Event Calendar for the world’s most complete schedule of channel partner summits and conferences.
1. Top Vertical Market MSPs: Meet the world’s top vertical market MSPs, and learn about key managed services trends in healthcare, financial services, retail and other vertical markets. Simply register for our Top Vertical Market MSPs webcast.