Coffee Friday

5 Channel Partner Updates: 24 February 2017

Credit: Getty Images

Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, February 24, 2017.

Actually, there are 18 alluring updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…

Todd Thibodeaux

Todd Thibodeaux

Brooke Cunningham

Brooke Cunningham

18. Getting Splunked: Revenues at Splunk remain in rapid growth mode, according to the latest financial results released yesterday. In this podcast, Channel Chief Brooke Cunningham shared the company’s partner strategy with ChannelE2E and CompTIA CEO Todd Thibodeaux.

17. HP Enterprise & HP Inc. Earnings: Surprise. HP Inc. is performing better than HP Enterprise, according to the latest earnings results from both companies. Why’s that? And what’s next for HP Inc. and HPE? Take a look here.

16. Top 10 IaaS Providers: The top 10 providers of Infrastructure as a Service include: 1&1, AWS, CenturyLink, Digital Ocean, Dimension Data, Google Compute Engine, IBM Softlayer, Microsoft Azure, OVH and Rackspace, according to Cloud Spectator’s 2017 benchmark report….

15. Cloud Overwhelms SMBs: Most U.S.-based SMBs want to use more cloud services, but nearly three-quarters are overwhelmed by the choices, according to an AppDirect survey. Those SMBs are seeking a single bill for all of their cloud services; and simplified management — rather than pricing — is the most important factor when choosing cloud services, the survey found…

14. M&A — Data Centers: NTT Communications now owns all of RagingWire Data Centers of Sacramento, Calif. NTT purchased an 80 percent stake in RagingWire for $350 million back in 2014, and has now acquired the remaining 20 percent for an undisclosed sum. RagingWire has 97 MW of critical IT load spread across 1.2 million square feet of data center infrastructure in Northern California, Ashburn, Virginia, and Dallas, Texas, the company says. NTT, meanwhile, has 140 data centers worldwide.

13. Symantec Buying FireEye?: That was the rumor for a few hours early Thursday. But sources at Symantec seem to be indicating that the company currently has no plans to buy FireEye.

12. Cybersecurity Regulations & IT Spending: The State of New York’s Department of Financial Services (DFS) has finalized its new cybersecurity regulations, which take effect on March 1, 2017. The big potential winners: Technology companies and channel partners that focus on encryption, IAM, SIEM and UBA, according to Network World.

11. DDoS Protection: GlobeNet, a wholesale provider of Latin and North American data network services, has launched DDoS Guard, a security solution that allows international carriers and Internet Services Providers (ISPs) in the Americas to protect their critical infrastructure against Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.

But wait. More content awaits you on page 2. Proceed to page two now and sip up the remaining items…

Return Home

No Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.