5 Channel Partner Updates: 23 September 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, September 23, 2016.
Actually, there are 10 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
10. Blockchain Clouds: Google Cloud has introduced blockchain support, countering similar offerings from Amazon Web Services, IBM Cloud and Microsoft Azure.
9. GoDaddy, FreedomVoice Update: GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving says the recent FreedomVoice buyout boasts cloud PBX technology that’s ideal for “solo-preneurs,” according to Tech Trader Daily. GoDaddy acquired FreedomVoice in May 2016 as part of a push into voice and PBX services.
8. Amazon MSPs: Blue Sentry, an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Advanced Consulting Partner solely focused on helping businesses move to and optimize their experience on the AWS Cloud platform, has announced its selection as an audited Managed Service Partner for Amazon Web Services. ChannelE2E tracks the Top 50 AWS Managed Cloud Services Partners here.
6. Channel Chiefs: Tara Fine is the new channel chief at VMware Canada, according to Computer Dealer News. Fine was the Dell Canada channel chief and will be replacing Donna Wittmann who is still at VMware Canada but has taken an extended leave of absence, the report stated.
5. There’s No Lenovo-Linux Conspiracy: Some users discovered selected Lenovo hardware can’t run Linux. That triggered conspiracy theories that stretched from Lenovo to Microsoft. If anybody had bothered to ask Lenovo and Microsoft about the situation, you’d find some reasonable statements explaining the situation. Some of the statements surfaced in an Engadget article.
4. Office 365 Monitoring & Reporting: GSX Solutions will preview an all-new GSX Gizmo web interface during next week’s Microsoft Ignite 2016 conference. GSX develops monitoring and reporting solutions for unified communications, whether on-premises or in the cloud, including Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, Exchange, Skype for Business, Blackberry servers and IBM applications.
3. Office 365 Management: AvePoint during Microsoft Ignite will showcase its latest solutions for Office 365 and SharePoint migrations, management and data protection.
2. Microsoft Cloud Talent: SADA Systems has hired Mitesh Patel as VP of consulting services. Patel joins the company from Neudesic, a Microsoft technology partner. For the past six years he has focused on Microsoft EPG-classified accounts with an average deal size of $250,000, SADA Systems says. His customers included prestigious companies and organizations such as Johnson & Johnson, DuPont, Axalta Performance Coatings, Harvard Business School, American Cancer Society and ADP, the cloud services provider adds. SADA partners closely with both Microsoft and Google in the SaaS market.
1. See You Next Week?: ChannelE2E will surface at Autotask Community Live and Continuum Navigate 2016. (Thank you to both companies for the invite.) If you’d like to potentially meet at one of those conferences please email me (Joe@AfterNines.com).