5 Channel Partner Updates: 23 November 2016
Welcome to page two, featuring today’s items 10 to 1.
10. Partner Program Part I: FixStream has launched a partner program to help VARs and MSPs sell/support Meridian, an IT operational analytics (ITOA) platform for application services, infrastructure components and more. In some ways, Meridian sounds like a managed services platform that allows partners to perform root cause analysis on IT application and infrastructure performance issues.
9. Partner Program Part II: PaySchools, the education subsidiary of i3 Verticals, has launched a Strategic Alliance Partner program. The program is “designed to bring together complementary organizations, associations and software providers to deliver heightened value to K12 schools and school districts through multi-vendor software solutions.”
8. Partner Program Part III: VARStreet, a provider of sales quoting solutions for VARs, has launch of a partner program aimed to boost its sales. VARStreet was briefly owned by Autotask but never quite connected with the MSP crowd. Autotask CEO Mark Cattini ultimately sold the business off upon his arrival to the company.
7. Edge Router Market Disrupted: If you sell edge routers for branch offices and remote locations, it’s time to study up on SD-WAN technology. All the pundits say SD-WAN offerings will disrupt edge routers. But I’d like to hear your opinion on the topic. Got on? Put SD-WAN in the subject line and email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.
6. VMware Pursues Telcos, CSPs: VMware is opening its arms wide to telcos and communication service providers (CSPs). The company promoted Shekar Ayyar to executive VP and GM, Telco Group. No doubt, VMware’s cross-cloud architecture and software-defined technologies are central to the effort. Telcos have slashed their hardware infrastructure spending and are shifting their IT budgets toward network functions virtualization (NFV). Big suppliers like Cisco Systems are struggling to adapt to the trend. But VMware sees an opportunity to cash in with its software approach to network modernization. Ayyar reports directly to CEO Pat Gelsinger, which reveals just how strategic the telco and CSP business is to VMware…
5. Data Center Expansion: TierPoint has expanded its Marlborough (Boston West Metro) and Baltimore data centers, adding approximately 15,500 sq. ft. of high-density data center space to its national data center footprint. Both data centers are SSAE 16, SOC 2 Type II compliant facilities. TierPoint invested $13 million in the Marlborough and Baltimore projects, with most of that investment made in 2016, culminating a total of nearly $45 million invested in expansion projects this year. TierPoint, which serves more than 5,000 customers, now has 39 data centers across 20 U.S. markets.
4. Big Turnout, Part I: Much of the cloud industry will gather next week at the Amazon AWS re:Invent conference in Las Vegas. Yes, we’ll be on hand for some key meetings…
3. Big Turnout, Part II: More than 2,000 channel partners and vendors will surface at Ingram Micro ONE next week in Las Vegas. Among the key executives offering updates: Renee Bergeron, senior VP of Ingram’s global cloud channel. Hashtag: #ONEIngram. Meetings: Although my schedule is now packed, please email me (Joe@AfterNines.com) if you’d like to check for any last-minute meeting availability.
2. Top Channel Events for 2017: Plan your 2017 conference schedule now. Visit the ChannelE2E Technology Event Calendar to pinpoint the dates and locations for hundreds of VAR, MSP and CSP conferences. Or, submit your conference to the event calendar…
1. Happy Thanksgiving: To our readers and our sponsors. It has been 14 months since After Nines Inc. launched ChannelE2E. It remains the fastest-growing IT media site that Amy Katz have ever co-launched. We couldn’t make that claim without your daily readership. Thanks for all of your support and have a fantastic Thanksgiving.