5 Channel Partner Updates: 23 May 2017
by Joe Panettieri • May 23, 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, May 23, 2017.
Actually, there are 11 updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
11. SD-WANs, Part I: Hughes Network Systems has unveiled a managed SD-WAN solution for public sector customers. It’s part of the larger HughesON managed services portfolio for multi-site organizations.
10. SD-WANs, Part II: Masergy has unveiled SD-WAN Go, which lets companies use existing or new connections (private, dedicated, broadband or 4G) to securely tunnel and route data across the public Internet and over Masergy’s Software-Defined Platform, the company says.
9. Capgemini MSP Center: Capgemini has launched a next-generation management services center in India. The location supports everything from enterprise services to customer applications…
7. Cloud Distribution – Office 365: MessageStream Cloud Marketplace, operated by Giacom World Networks, has licensed 150,000 Microsoft Office 365 seats. The company claims to be one of the world’s largest Microsoft 2-Tier Cloud Solution Providers. MessageStream currently delivers its services to more than 4,000 partners across the UK. Between 70 and 100 IT resellers join the Cloud Marketplace each month, the company says. Other 2-tier Office 365 providers include distributors like Ingram Micro and SaaS companies like AppRiver.
6. Office 365 & VDI: During Citrix Synergy, Ivanti today announced that it now enables access and availability of Office 365 in Citrix virtual desktop environments. So how does it work? Here’s the lengthy explanation: With new Office 365 Cache Roaming technology, Ivanti Environment Manager, powered by AppSense, captures Office 365 content, including Outlook and OneDrive applications, in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) container layer for access that retains a familiar user experience.
5. Partner Program – Artificial Intelligence: Former Intronis Channel Chief Eric Webster has joined Mighty AI as VP of growth and launched an associated partner program. True believers include Accenture, which leverages Mighty AI for a range of “data as a service” projects.
4. Partner Program: RBRO Solutions Inc., a global business solutions provider focused on business content and work processes (particularly for lawyers), has launched a new Global Channel Partner Program.
3. M&A – Cloud Services Provider: Telia, a Nordic telecom firm, has acquired Finnish cloud services firm Nebula from private equity company Ratos for US$185 million, or about 165 million EUR, Reuters reported. Related: Track all VAR, MSP and CSP acquisitions worldwide here.
2. M&A – eDiscovery: Advanced Discovery, a global eDiscovery and litigation support provider, has acquired Altep Inc. — which specializes in eDiscovery, compliance and cybersecurity. We’ll share more details soon.
1. ChannelE2E Today Will Launch…: So what are we actually launching today? Stay tuned for an announcement right here and at the top of ChannelE2E’s homepage later today. In the meantime: Special thanks to Amy Katz for her vision, Dana for the coding, our content experts for their contributions, and the dozen or so sources who knew about the “launch” before the official debut/announcement later today.