5 Channel Partner Updates: 23 January 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, January 23, 2017.
Actually, there are 18 timely entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
18. United Airlines IT Outage: All of United Airlines’ domestic flights were grounded for more than two hours Sunday night because of a computer outage, SeekingAlpha said. United said the issue affected a technology that sends text messages to pilots in the cockpit, which provides information like weight and balance calculations, the report stated.
17. Financial Services & Cybersecurity: The European Union is considering testing banks’ defenses against cyber attacks, as concerns grow about the industry’s vulnerability to hacking, according to Reuters. The key question: How would the stress tests address the weakest link — unsuspecting employees who fall for social engineering, phishing and other hacker campaigns?
16. Email Privacy: Microsoft effort to halt the FBI’s so-called sneak-and-peak searches of e-mails may ride on whether it’s allowed to defend its customers’ constitutional rights, Bloomberg reports. The judge who will decide whether the case can go ahead told the company’s lawyers to be ready in court Monday to address earlier rulings that undercut their arguments, the report stated. At stake is half of Microsoft’s case to block the U.S. from secretly accessing customer data stored in the cloud, including e-mail, Bloomberg asserts.
15. ServiceNow Partner Momentum: TeamUltra, a ServiceNow Gold Partner, recently celebrated its 10th year in business. The firm, which promotes IT service management expertise to UK customers, has grown to 70 employees.
14. Microsoft Office 365 Integration: Rebus, a SaaS-based analytics platform for the supply chain, has completed integrations with Microsoft Office 365 and Skype. The integrations allow customers to collaborate in real-time using their existing office suite of software, Rebus asserts.
13. AppDynamics IPO: The long-awaited AppDynamics IPO will likely proceed on Thursday, January 26. AppDynamics specializes in application performance monitoring (APM), which many MSPs are exploring or embracing to boost customers’ cloud services performance.
12. Cloud & Higher Education Talent: Campus Management Corp., which develops the CampusNexus Cloud for higher education, has hired Emiliano Diez as VP of cloud operations and services. the Vice President of Cloud Operations and Services. Diez previously was VP of operations for the University of Miami Partnership at Laureate Education. He also has more than 20 years experience implementing ERP and CRM solutions.
11. Data Center Regional Growth: North Virginia, Northern California, Chicago and Dallas-Fort Worth were the four fastest growing U.S. regions for data centers in 2016, according to JJL, a commercial real estate firm.
But wait. More content awaits you on page 2. Proceed to page two now and sip up the remaining items…