5 Channel Partner Updates: 23 August 2016
9. IT Services Lawsuit: Telecom Asset Management has won a lawsuit vs. FiberLight, and will be awarded roughly $17 million in commissions. TAM earned the commissions based on helping FiberLight win roughly $300 million worth of Verizon contracts, a judge has ruled.
8. Partner Programs: Recent milestones and moves include…
- Lantronix, a networking company that’s increasingly focused on smart IoT and M2M solutions, has launched the Lantronix SmartAdvantage. The program provides discounts, incentives and tools to resellers and VARS when they register a qualified deal for the Lantronix SLC 8000 or other Lantronix IT management solutions.
- Palo Alto Networks has hired Riverbed veteran Dave Peranich as channel chief, taking on the official title of executive vice president, worldwide sales. Mark Anderson has been promoted to president with responsibility for the company’s sales, go-to-market strategy, customer support, and business development, reporting to Mark McLaughlin, chairman and CEO.
- Quest, a technology management company, has achieved platinum status in the Veeam Cloud & Service Provider Program (VCSP). No doubt, Veeam’s partner program continues to grow — but we get the sense that quite a few business continuity software providers will counter the company next week at VMworld… Stay tuned for more details.
- SmartFile, a secure enterprise file management and sharing platform, has hired Tyler Snetselaar as the director of strategic alliances and channel partnerships. He’s set to expand the company’s working relationships with systems integrators, VARs and MSPs.
7. Microsoft Docker Monitoring: Microsoft is previewing an OMS Docker Container monitoring tool — which allows customers to track container inventory, performance, logs and more. The monitoring tool supports on-premises and cloud-based Docker containers.
5. Managed OpenStack Services: QTS Realty Trust and Canonical are introducing OpenStack-based private cloud services — which will be available in QTS data centers this September. The services are based on Ubuntu OpenStack. QTS will also launch public cloud, multi-tenant OpenStack services. We’ll share more on this soon.
4. Oracle Cloud Leader: Dave Donatelli, the executive who has led Oracle’s hardware—or “converged infrastructure” effort—is now also heading the company’s cloud and industry sales strategy teams, according to Fortune. Former cloud leader Shawn Price is taking time off, though a specific reason hasn’t been disclosed, the magazine reported.
3. Another IBM Cloud Defection: Former IBM Cloud Channel Chief Rodney Foreman has joined Informatica as senior VP for partner ecosystems. The move comes as former IBM Cloud marketing leader Jean English joins NetApp as CMO.
2. Major Monitoring Conference: The 7th annual Splunk Conference is set for late September in Orlando, Fla. Although this is mainly a customer conference, the Splunk gathering also is ideal for channel partners that are striving to understand operational intelligence tools. A portion of Splunk’s software offerings support the IT monitoring market…
1. Channel Conferences and Events: Check the ChannelE2E Technology Event Calendar for the industry’s most comprehensive look at upcoming VAR, MSP and CSP conferences. Or, submit your own partner summit for potential listing on the calendar.