5 Channel Partner Updates: 22 August 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, August 22 2016.
Actually, there are 12 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) and telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
12. MSP Acquisitions: SellMyMSP is striving to match small MSP sellers with potential buyers for M&A deals. The company’s founders include accounting expert Rayanne Buchianico and IT veteran Amy Babinchak.
11. MSP and IoT Acquisitions: CompuCom Systems has acquired the of Things (IoT) division of Extensys, a provider of IoT and managed IT services. The financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed, and the acquisition is expected to be finalized in 45 days. CompuCom’s IoT team will be led by Roland Feijoo, EVP IoT Solutions Group. The team’s IoT focus includes building management solutions, controls and automation, systems integration, sensor management with analytics, unified video and communications with life safety, emergency notification and physical security for financial services, healthcare, retail, local government and education.
10. IoT, Remote Monitoring & Asset Management: Asavie and Azeti have inked an alliance to provide IoT connectivity and remote asset management in such vertical markets as telecom, oil and gas, manufacturing and retail. Asavie specializes in secure, scalable IoT connections. Azeti’s offerings focus on access control, monitoring and management.
9. IoT Job Losses: The Internet of Things will eliminate 94,000 jobs in India — but create 25,000 new ones — from now through 2021, according to Zinnov, a management consulting firm.
8. Partner Relationship Management: Relayware, which develops PRM software, has named Gordon Rapkin as CEO. Relayware’s former CEO and Chairman Bob Mann will continue to lead the company’s Board of Directors and maintain his ownership stake. Relayware has been in growth mode, lifting revenues 35 percent in 2015 and raising $11 million in May 2016.
7. Chip M&A: Japanese chip maker Renesas Electronics on Monday said it is in talks to buy U.S.-based chip maker Intersil, a move that could strengthen the Japanese company’s business of making semiconductor components for cars, The Wall Street Journal reported.
6. What’s Missing From Staples’ Strategy: Staples Inc. is taking four strategic steps to remain relevant: (1) Focusing on the midmarket in North America, (2) preserving profitability in North American stores, (3) taking aggressive action to further reduce costs and drive efficiency across the company and (4) exploring strategic alternatives for European operations. Um… not one of those four focus areas mentions a “growth” initiative …
4. Distribution Deals, Part I: Vault America Founder Zak Karsan surfaced at ChannelCon earlier this month. Rumor has it Vault America is working on a distribution deal but the company isn’t quite ready to let the jeanne out of the bottle…
2. Earnings Watch: Potential earnings reports that we’ll be tracking this week include…
- Tuesday: Intuit (INTU), Nimble Storage (NMBL)
- Wednesday: HP Inc. (HPQ), Workday (WDAY)
- Thursday: Pure Storage (PSTG), Splunk (SPLK)
1. Help Wanted: Check the ChannelE2E Job Board for technology, business and sales careers across the IT channel. Or, post your company’s career openings on the job board. We blog about the latest career openings roughly once per week, and socialize them across Facebook, Twitter and more.