5 Channel Partner Updates: 21 September 2016
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, September 21, 2016.
Actually, there are 21 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
21. Application Performance Management: Keep an eye on this space. AppDynamics and New Relic are the well-known players. But a new rival might be emerging — as soon as sometime today. Check our homepage for updates soon.
20. Women in Technology: CompTIA has launched Make Tech Her Story, an ebook, website and awareness campaign to inspire tech industry leaders, educators, parents and girls to make the industry more gender inclusive.
19. MSP M&A Advisor: When TelePacific recently acquired DSCI — a managed IT specialist in Southern California — the buyer leaned heavily on third-party expertise to shape the deal. Among the names to know: Q Advisors, which acted as the exclusive financial advisor to TelePacific on the deal. Q Advisors positions itself as a global investment banking boutique with expertise in the cloud communications space — along with telecom, media and technology (TMT).
18. Free Office 365 Migrations: Cenetric, an MSP in Kansas City, is offering free migrations to Microsoft Office 365 until January 1, 2017. The offer, Cenetric says, includes includes expert support in moving to the Cloud; full migration services including data transfer; and a guarantee that the transition will be seamless.
17. Adobe Cloud Revenues: Adobe Systems Inc. reported a better-than-expected 20 percent jump in quarterly revenue as its Creative Cloud package of software tools attracted more users, Reuters noted. Revenue from the company’s digital media business rose 28.6 percent to $990 million in the latest quarter, the report said.
16. Four types of CIOs: There are four types of CIOs — commercial, innovative, tech and transformational. Understanding each of those four characteristics could help IT services providers to align more closely with their CIO counterparts…
15. European vs. U.S. Privacy Views: Why do Europeans care more about data privacy than their American counterparts? The answer to that question, delivered by Europe’s Commissioner for Competition, could help U.S. companies to better design their cloud services for European consumption.
14. European BDR Services: Continuum’s Continuity247 is now generally available to MSPs across Europe. The offering is a fully managed backup and disaster recovery (BDR) platform. Several BDR players — particularly Datto and Intronis MSP Solutions — have been expanding their European footprints in recent quarters.
13. Network Performance Monitoring: Kentik has launched Kentik NPM — a network performance monitoring platform for distributed applications that run on-premises and across the cloud. The offering builds on Kentik Detect, a big data-based, SaaS network analytics platform. Kentik NPM also includes nProbe host-based and sensor monitoring agent software offered in partnership with ntop.
12. Amazon Pricing Algorithm Scandal?: Admittedly, the word “scandal” may not be a perfect fit. But a report on Amazon’s pricing algorithm is raising serious concerns among consumer watchdogs…
11. Google Counters Amazon Echo: With what? The answer will likely arrive on Oct. 4.
Congratulations. You’ve consumed items 21 to 11. Head back to the buffet, proceed to page 2, and consume items 10 to 1.