Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, November 3, 2016.
Actually, there are 24 (oh my) entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
24. Cisco Data Center Reorg: Cisco Systems has re-hired Roland Acra as senior vice president and general manager of the company’s data center group. The move, announced at Cisco Partner Summit 2016, includes a reorg that more closely aligns Cisco’s various data center offerings.
23. Cisco Launches Endpoint Security: So why did Cisco announce a major endpoint security push this week? Because the company believes security analytics require visibility across endpoints, the network and the cloud. We’ll share more details via video interviews later this week.
21. Quest Software Layoffs:Quest Software’s first day as an independent company apparently included layoffs, according to The Register. Dell sold Quest to private equity firms, and Quest is now expected to focus heavily on IT management, security and automation tools for corporate IT and service providers…
19. Networking M&A:Broadcom is acquiring Brocade Communications Systems for $5.5 billion in cash, the two companies confirmed today. The deal unites a chip maker with a networking specialist.
18. Networking Partner Program: Extreme Networks has bolstered its Extreme Partner Network (EPN). The enhancements include a cloud specialization program; cloud managed services program; the inclusion of Zebra Technologies’ WLAN offerings; Ultimate Warrior incentives; sales acceleration; and deal registration programs.
17. Desktop as a Service and PCI Compliance: Dizzion says the company’s cloud-delivered desktops have been validated by Coalfire, an Independent PCI Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) to meet the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standards (DSS).
16. Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Management: Login VSI has upgraded its Login PI product, which offers centralized performance monitoring for virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and server based computing (SBC).
15. MSP Data Center: TekLinks has added more than 3,000 square feet of capacity to its data center in Birmingham, Ala., bringing the total capacity to 6,500 square feet. This expansion makes the data center one of the largest in Alabama, the company claims. The move allows the combination MSP-CSP to further bolster its cloud services offerings, according to Terry Miller, VP of data center architecture.
14. MSP M&A:AccountabilIT, has acquired MITS&C, the managed services division of Business & Decision, N.A. MITS&C provides managed services related to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and other enterprise applications and cloud computing technologies.
13. MSP Security:Webroot has launched the Unity API. It’s designed for MSP security administrators who want to securely connect services and data sets to WebRoot’sSecureAnywhere Business Endpoint ProtectionGlobal Site Manager (GSM) console. Unity allows MSPs to automate their endpoint offerings for better productivity, improved financial control, customized alerting and reporting, and increased profitability, Webroot asserts. The company is expected to promote Unity at ConnectWise’s IT Nation 2016 conference next week in Orlando.
12. Tigerpaw 16.1:Tigerpaw Software later this month will release Tigerpaw 16.1. The professional services automation (PSA) software update features new project management capabilities; it can also merge quotes and consolidate billing from multiple meters.
11. Microsoft Azure and IoT Security: Microsoft has partnered with several auditors to help customers strengthen their IoT security. Early partners include Praetorian, Casaba Security, CyberX and Tech Mahindra. The company will also work with the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) to further IoT security.
Want to see items 10 to 1? That’s easy. Just jump to page two.