5 Channel Partner Updates: 2 February 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, February 2, 2017.
Actually, there are 21 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
21. ServiceNow Security Integrations: Palo Alto Networks, Tanium and several other SIEM companies now integrate with ServiceNow, the fast-growing IT service management and ticketing platform.
20. Facebook Owes $500 Million: Facebook lost a lawsuit related to Oculus and has to pay $500 million, according to a judgment against the company. Facebook is considering its options to appeal, but COO Sheryl Sandberg said the ruling was “not material” to Facebook’s business, according to recode. Hmmm…
19. Broadband Performance Lawsuit: New York filed a lawsuit against Charter Communications, the parent company of Spectrum (previously known as Time Warner Cable). The lawsuit alleges that the cable and internet provider misled customers on Internet speeds and failed to address network issues that impacted service, The Verge reported.
18. Business and Trump: Facebook, Microsoft, Google, Apple, Amazon and companies from other verticals (finance, manufacturing, energy, consumer goods, etc.) are circulating an open letter to President Donald Trump expressing concern about his recent order on immigration and offering help fixing it and other policies, according to Bloomberg.
17. Apple Reducing Intel’s Role?: Apple is developing a Mac chip that would reduce Intel’s role within MacBooks. Apple customers, meanwhile, would simply settle for CEO Tim Cook to make a renewed emphasis on Mac hardware…
16. My Fellow Graduates: Datto CEO Austin McChord will give Rochester Institute of Technology commencement address for 2017. McChord is an RIT graduate, and Datto is rapidly hiring in the Rochester, N.Y. area.https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/31/forescout-technologies-filed-confidentially-for-ipo/
15. M&A – Network Security: HP Enterprise acquired Niara, a Sunnyvale, California-based security startup focused on User and Entity Behavior Analytics (UEBA). Niara will operate within HPE Aruba to enhance the company’s ClearPass network security portfolio for wired and wireless network infrastructure. Financial terms were not disclosed.
14. M&A – User Experience: Salesforce has acquired Sequence, a user experience design agency in San Francisco. It’s a safe bet Salesforce plans to sell more consulting services focused specifically on user interface design and user experience.
13. M&A – Cloud & IT Services: Green Cloud Technologies, a channel-only, Cisco-powered cloud provider, has acquired Atlanta-based Cirrity, a channel-only cloud solutions provider. Financial terms were not disclosed. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
12. Cloud Storage Services: Peak 10 has deployed Nexenta’s Software-Defined Storage (OpenSDS) and Western Digital InfiniFlash platform storage solution. The deployment allowed Peak 10 to future-proof its Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) offerings, the companies claimed.
11. Distribution, Part I: Avnet has agreed to distribute HotLink‘s hybrid IT solutions across the United States and Canada. HotLink provides native public cloud integration with VMware vCenter management infrastructure. The result: HotLink enables resellers to deliver holistic management of hybrid cloud production environments as easily as homogenous, on-premise VMware deployments, the company claims.
But wait. More content awaits you on page 2. Proceed to page two now and sip up the remaining items…