9. One Painful Hack Per Month: Nearly 80 percent of IT security practitioners say their defensive infrastructure to identify and mitigate cyber threats are either non-existent, ad hoc or inconsistently applied throughout the enterprise, according to a Ponemon Institute survey. Surveyed companies suffered an average of one cyber attack per month and incurred annual costs of approximately $3.5 million because of these attacks, the research asserted.
8. Mass Notification Systems and Business Continuity: As you build business continuity plans for customers, don’t overlook the Mass Notification System (MNS) opportunity. MNS platforms allow employers or organizations to send real-time alerts to multiple parties — including employees, customers and partners. The MNS market will have an 18.4 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) through 2021, reaching $9.69 billion by that time, according to MarketsandMarkets.
7. Government Business Continuity:CenturyLink has won a contract to provide disaster recovery services to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), part of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. The one-year contract for managed disaster recovery services with dedicated hardware and storage has five one-year options and a contract ceiling of $29 million.
5. Cloud Monitoring Partnership:Pax8, a value-added cloud distributor, has inked an exclusive agreement with DataMAPt to provide cloud-based monitoring services to the IT channel.
4. Box Dials RingCentral: Box is standardizing its unified communications systems on RingCentral. The SaaS platform delivers cloud PBX, voice, SMS, audio and video conferencing and more. It’s a significant win for RingCentral, which potentially faces growing competition from Microsoft Cloud PBX (part of Office 365) and GoDaddy’s recent FreedomVoice acquisition.